Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Window 10 get stuck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toasterbot

toasterbot

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 64 bit on an HP Compaq 8100 Elite CMT. I used the Windows media creation tool, but when I try to boot to the USB, I just get one of the following blue-screens:

DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL

BAD POOL HEADER

What do I need to do?

Edited by toasterbot, 22 June 2017 - 07:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

Please open a command prompt and type

diskpart

list disk

Is there an asterisk under the GPT column for your OS disk? From the specs I found on the computer is has a legacy BIOS which means you should not see any asterisk under the GPT column unless you also have a data disk over 2TB.

I would recommend you do not create a bootable USB using the Media Creation Tool. The Tool also allows you to create an iso file. Use the iso file with Rufus to create the bootable flash drive. Select MBR partition scheme if there is no asterisk under the GPT column for your OS disk and leave all boxes as checked. Press Start.

This guide is for Windows 8 but holds for Windows 10. Delete all partitions on the disk

Edited by JohnC_21, 22 June 2017 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users