Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem In Sending Images By Email

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbidoso

Bobbidoso

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

When I send an image from my printer to my computer, the image goes to "paint" which has no email program.  What I want to do is send the image to "scanned documents" which does have an email program.   Anyone know how to fix this problem?  Will appreciate any help, thank you.

icecohoe@gmail.com

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 23 June 2017 - 06:26 PM.
Moved from 'Introductions' to 'All other applications'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:48 PM

I presume you are using an all-in-one printer/scanner. The most common file format for images exported from scanners is .JPG although other file types are possible. But your problem is where these images are being saved to. If you look at the settings for your scanner you should be able to specify the folder you would like all these images to go to. If you cannot work it out the manual - which you should be able to download from the maker's web-site - should offer guidance.

As for emailing these images it doesn't matter too much where they are saved to, so long as you know the folder you have them in. The emailing procedure is exactly the same - generate your email, click on attach, navigate to where the file is, open the file, it's attached. You did say 'computer' not 'tablet'. On some, even most, tablets the sequence is slightly different.

Paint is a small graphics application built into Windows, it is not a storage location, but if you have no other graphics applications on the computer it may be the default for opening files of .JPG type. 'Scanned documents' sounds like a folder name, possibly in 'My documents', but it is simply a convenient place to put these files. I don't understand what you mean by saying it has 'an email program'.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

When I send an image from my printer to my computer, the image goes to "paint" which has no email program.  What I want to do is send the image to "scanned documents" which does have an email program.   Anyone know how to fix this problem?  Will appreciate any help, thank you.

icecohoe@gmail.com

Not sure if you resolved your trouble with this...

You CAN use MS Paint to make your all-in-one scanner make a scanned image file.  The various dialog box or boxes that come up in the process should allow you to pick WHERE you want to save your scanned image, AND to give it a file name.  Other image processing programs will also let you make your scanner create an image file, and you make the same decisions along the way for the filepath and file name of your image file.

Once you have the image file, you send in email just the way Chris Cosgrove said.

You can create an image file like said through a few different image programs:  MS Paint, Windows Fax & Scan, Windows Photogallery, XnView, Windows or Microsoft Photo..., others...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users