Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Database to import into MS Access 2016

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cutting_edgetech

cutting_edgetech

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm taking a database course right now, and I find it difficult to remember all the detailed instructions describing how to perform various task with Microsoft Access 2016. The problem is I only have access to images (which are very poor quality at that), and I don't have a database built at this time to do the many task described in the text.  Does anyone know of a database that I can import into MS Access 2016 to use for educational purposes?  I just need it to learn my way around MS Access until I have built my own database which will come later in the course.

Thank You for any help!

cutting_edgetech

Edited by britechguy, 23 June 2017 - 05:54 PM.
Moved to Business Applications Forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Microsoft has tutorials on Access...

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Access-training-a5ffb1ef-4cc4-4d79-a862-e2dda6ef38e6

#3 cutting_edgetech

cutting_edgetech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Do they have a database already built that I can use for educational purposes? That's all i'm looking for.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

Do they have a database already built that I can use for educational purposes? That's all i'm looking for.

You would need to look through the site.

#5 cutting_edgetech

cutting_edgetech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:21 PM

I did not see one on the site, but I didn't see any obvious place to look for it. Maybe there is not one. I guess I will have to look elsewhere.

#6 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Probably would take you less time to do one of the introductory tutorials and make your own.

Plus, you would learn something in the process.

#7 cutting_edgetech

cutting_edgetech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

I don't have time to make an additional database. I will be making my own database later in the course. I just wanted a quick database to use so I could do some hands on work with the reading until I make my own.  I wish I had time to do it, but I definitely don't. I took 10 hours in a 9 week semester, plus I also have a job.

#8 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Your question would be better served here

http://www.accessforums.net/

#9 cutting_edgetech

cutting_edgetech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

Your question would be better served here

http://www.accessforums.net/

Thank you for your help! I contacted my professor, and she provided me with some example databases to use. Thank you for the link. I will check out the forum anyway.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,890 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

There are literally thousands of MS-Access database templates, a great many of them free, available for download.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+ms+access+database+template&t=hz&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users