Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Deleting Registry Entries

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 buzzworthybum

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:31 AM

I just scanned my computer with Aluria's Spyware Eliminator and it found quite a few nasty entries in my registry. I only have the free version so I can't clean the problems, so I was wondering if it would be ok to just use regedit in safe mode and delete the entries. I assume the answer will be no, but I'd appreciate feedback.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 12 December 2004 - 10:44 AM

Unless you are very sure of what you are doing, editing the registry can be hazardous. There are several good spyware programmes (both free and highly recommended here and elsewhere) that will allow registry changes to be made, but also creates a back up of the original, in case something untoward happens after the changes are made.
Ad-awareSE and Spybot Search and Destroy are both good applications, and are updated on a regular basis.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users