Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Black Screen After Update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stech17

stech17

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

Never found a solution to this when I got stuck recently so I'll post it here in case it helps anyone.

So my Win 10 started updating to the Creators edition, everything was going fine but then at like 40% updated the screen goes black and I get nothing...

Essentially the new video drivers are a bit crappy. If you don't have a video card I'm not sure how you'll be able to get the update as my solution rests on your having one.

So from my tests the problem occurs if:

- your doing Win 10 update

- run your screen through the Mobo and not a graphics card

Quick solution:

- pre update switch to screen through PCI

Slow solution (if you did get a black screen during update):

- Cause your system to crash (hold the power button straight after boot) so it takes you to the Win didn't load properly menu.

- Start a safe boot

- Open Device Manager and disable any video drivers you have

- Reboot and your problem should be fixed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users