ASK and AOL search providers keep showing up after AdwCleaner is run. Also, Spyware Blaster keeps showing partial protection of Mozilla Firefox, even after running its own FIX THIS NOW setting for site preferences removal. I will rerun that one again after running CCleaner.
I noticed problems when starting FF last night. A popup window containing configuration settings for 'RIP' management of media files of some online videos started. I killed it from Task Manager. I immediately checked on No Script settings and Spyware Blaster settings. I have stopped short of running system restore. Also, I ran RKill first before running AdwCleaner as recommended. Its log file showed some items that I am not sure whether I need to address or not - Windows services and HOSTS file entries.
RKill log file:
Rkill 2.8.4 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2017 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
Program started at: 06/21/2017 02:25:19 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 10 Home
Checking for Windows services to stop:
* No malware services found to stop.
Checking for processes to terminate:
* No malware processes found to kill.
Checking Registry for malware related settings:
* No issues found in the Registry.
Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.
Performing miscellaneous checks:
* No issues found.
Checking Windows Service Integrity:
* DNS Client (Dnscache) is not Running.
Startup Type set to: Disabled
* gagp30kx [Missing Service]
* IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]
* IoQos [Missing Service]
* nv_agp [Missing Service]
* TimeBroker [Missing Service]
* uagp35 [Missing Service]
* uliagpkx [Missing Service]
* WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]
* wpcfltr [Missing Service]
* WSService [Missing Service]
* agp440 [Missing ImagePath]
* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]
* WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]
* vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
* vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:
* No issues found.
Checking HOSTS File:
* Cannot edit the HOSTS file.
* Permissions Fixed. Administrators can now edit the HOSTS file.
* HOSTS file entries found:
::1 localhost #[IPv6]
20 out of 13404 HOSTS entries shown.
Please review HOSTS file for further entries.
Program finished at: 06/21/2017 02:28:20 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 3 minute(s), and 1 seconds(s)
Not sure if I am infected or just using browser settings in the wrong manner.