Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 will not load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

I bought a new computer last year from MicroCenter a CyberPower PC that had windows 10 on it.. This was a new computer. Last week we had a bad storm and knocked out power to the whole town. I had my PC plugged into a surge protector.. When Power came back on I went to turn on my computer and windows will not load. I put in the disk it came with to either fix (I get a message saying the drive Windows is located on is locked_ or re-intsal windows I try that and the Windows code on side of the case is apparently false.. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

First make sure you're entering the key correctly & not mixing up zeros & the letter O or 8 with the letter B, it's easily done when the lettering is small.
You say it states the drive is locked, is it possible that someone has enabled bitlocker on the drive? It is also a chance the storm damaged the hard drive.

#3 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Do you have an SSD drive?

Some suggestions here

https://www.boyans.net/RepairWindows/The_drive_where_Windows_is_installed_is_locked.html#repair-steps

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,014 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

I bought a new computer last year from MicroCenter a CyberPower PC that had windows 10 on it.. This was a new computer. Last week we had a bad storm and knocked out power to the whole town. I had my PC plugged into a surge protector.. When Power came back on I went to turn on my computer and windows will not load. I put in the disk it came with to either fix (I get a message saying the drive Windows is located on is locked_ or re-intsal windows I try that and the Windows code on side of the case is apparently false.. 

You DO NOT need that code. That code has absolutely nothing to do with Windows 10. When prompted for a code, just skip that step.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users