Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Richardf77

Richardf77

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

Been using my free storage on OneDrive (W10) for some time now with no issues. I have been in the midst of uploading new files and reorganising old ones when suddenly my One Drive folder on the PC stopped responding and disconnected from the cloud. Couldnt get it back straight away so rebooted the PC. 

When i tried to connect up to One Drive again it required me to enter my sign in details again. Fine at first but then the popup screens started going through the same process as when you first start using One Drive and ended up creating new folders on my PC - which were empty! It then proceeded to start downloading all my files (circa 4GB worth) into the new PC directory. Initialy i thought it had wiped the files on my PV and was having to download them again, but on investigation i found that One Drive had indeed created a second One Drive directory on the PC leaving the original directory with all my files intact.

I can see no way of stopping this proceedure and reverting to the old directory so now once downloading is complete i will have 2 duplicate One Drive folders, doubling the disc space used - which isnt a problem as the drive its on has space, but that isnt the point.

I did a search of the appropriate help pages but could find no other instances of this happeneing or how to 'fix' it (or prevent it happening again). So has anyone else encountered this and if so what can i do about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users