Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

I am having lots of problems with outlook lately type up emails click send and nothing at times they finish up in the inbox but not sent. Log out and back in a couple of times and everything works fine. MY OP system is W7. Also  at the bottom of the email page again at times there is the send button etc but no option to change the text etc.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Microsoft has been diddling with Outlook for a few weeks. I don't experience the problem you have. But a couple of weeks ago something

changed and the only way I could get Outlook to load in my browser was to allow Office 365 script to run.

If you are accessing Outlook through your browser then there may not be anything YOU can do to resolve the problem. You can try deleting

bookmarks for Outlook and deleting cookies for Outlook....rebooting the browser and then reset a new bookmark.

If you are using Thunderbird or some other email program installed on your computer...try accessing Outlook through the browser...cloud only.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Many thanks for your input it is much appreciated. The strange thing is if I use my MacBook Air there I don't have any problems. I have done all the updates for W7 did a defrag etc but still the same problem, one time it works okay & the next it doesn't. So I guess I will just have to keep looking how to solve the problem but I am losing faith with Microsoft big time. Again I really appreciate your input here.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

You're welcome...maybe some other Outlook user will offer some good advice. Are you in Australia or like I saw in another of your posts you were in Ireland? That

may contribute to why I am not seeing your problem.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

Okay Buddy 215 well things are much better today but sometimes I have to log out and back in to get an email to go when I hit the send button. Guess I will have to live with that.

In Ireland at the moment return  back home to OZ every now and then. Again thanks for your help...Cheers.

#6 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:50 AM

Spoke to soon again can not send an email hit the send button on my W7 laptop and no go.

Tried it on a MacBook Air and absolutely no problems at all. So where do we go from here?

Which is best to go with POP or IMPA?

Edited by Beel, 22 June 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

G'day mate......there is always GMAIL   

It works. On pc's, tablets,laptops, ipads, phones etc etc

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#8 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:36 AM

G'day mate......there is always GMAIL   

It works. On pc's, tablets,laptops, ipads, phones etc etc

Thanks Condo have opened an account with them. How are things going down below mate?

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

Just rippin' along here Beel.......might be moving to WA sometime soon

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users