Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Default WIFI Network in Roku

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

This is a follow up to an identical post regarding changing the default wifi network in my Samsung J7 phone. I have Roku. I recently upgraded my router, requiring a different wifi network and different password. With my phone, I was able to change the default network to the new one by telling it to forget the old one. Now when I arrive home it auto connects to the new one instead of trying to connect to the old one by default. 

I need to do the same thing with my Roku. After a service interruption, it tries to find the old wifi network instead of the new one. Does anyone know how to eliminate the old network, which still shows up in the Network menu of my Roku? Then, hopefully, it will default to the new network. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users