Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 1607 unstable mess!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 techsavvy01

techsavvy01

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

I have windows 10 1607 14393.447 on my asus g551vw fy212t  laptop windows 10 completely crashed while in middle of burning blu ray disc now my blu ray disc is corrupt thanks Microsoft!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Akd0rMSJby7ygmj8fSiXj31NdWwF

Edited by techsavvy01, 20 June 2017 - 06:59 AM.

Life is Weird. Home Life Private Life Consent and Respect always. Life is short. Spend time with Loved Ones Family & Good Friends, Life is not fair. Follow your Passion in your Life :) Woman are Human Beings :) Prince EA school system Common core Good Chemistry Charisma Everybody has different perspectives in life. love peace & compassion in the world No bullying no hatred. I want to help people :) LGBT Hope is crucial Live Long Life End stigma. Nobody is Perfect. No Judgement

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

"Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

https://www.dost-tech.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=935

Posted Image

#3 Mataitare

Mataitare

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

I have issues after the update too, can I return somehow to the previous version?

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,617 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

If you were to do anything it would make much more sense to update to Version 1703, not go back.

Of course, if your system is unstable it's well worth doing the following:

Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

and running a chkdsk /f for good measure, either before doing the above or afterward, as they cover separate issues.  I'd probably go for before.

I assiduously avoid updating a system I know to be unstable.  I'd rather do the above, and if that can't correct the issues then I use the Media Creation Tool on the Windows 10 Download Page to create bootable media and then use it to do an in-place upgrade.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

I have windows 10 1607 14393.447 on my asus g551vw fy212t  laptop windows 10 completely crashed while in middle of burning blu ray disc now my blu ray disc is corrupt thanks Microsoft!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Akd0rMSJby7ygmj8fSiXj31NdWwF

Throw that Blu Ray disc in the trash can and then update your system. Also, after you update from that old version that you are running, perform the scans that Brian has mentioned.

If I were you, instead of just updating to the newest version of Windows 10, I would perform a clean install. Often times a simple update will carry your current problems forward, which you want to eliminate.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

I have issues after the update too, can I return somehow to the previous version?

I agree with Brian. You are running an old version of Windows 10 right now, just update to the Creators Update and see how you like. According to Microsoft policy, you will need to update from your antiquated version of Windows 10 sooner or later anyway, you might as well do it at your convenience and on your terms.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 techsavvy01

techsavvy01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

I believe the bsod error was caused by overheating. I did have my Asus laptop in chair cushion not smartest idea. However this isn't first time I received bsod. I had Asus laptop on my wooden desk so. So is the new creators update 1703 more stable better performance battery life etc?

Life is Weird. Home Life Private Life Consent and Respect always. Life is short. Spend time with Loved Ones Family & Good Friends, Life is not fair. Follow your Passion in your Life :) Woman are Human Beings :) Prince EA school system Common core Good Chemistry Charisma Everybody has different perspectives in life. love peace & compassion in the world No bullying no hatred. I want to help people :) LGBT Hope is crucial Live Long Life End stigma. Nobody is Perfect. No Judgement

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,617 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

techsavvy01,

Regardless of what claims Microsoft, I, or anyone else makes about any version of Windows 10 it is entirely possible that an idiosyncratic error could cause issues on your system.

There has been plenty written in the technical press about the improvements in Creators Update and they are, literally, too numerous to mention in a forums post of reasonable length.  Do a web search on "Creators Update changes" or "Creators Update improvements" and you'll get more material than you care to read, but can pick something that appeals to you and gives you what you're looking for.

If I were to be used as an example for Windows 10, all versions, the world would be entirely smooth sailing and I could unreservedly recommend Windows 10 to everyone.  I realize that others have not had as easy a time, and I've helped many of them get over various humps.  This has been true with earlier Windows as far as my own personal experiences with them and what I've done for others.

Forums such as this one are a terrible place to ask for experiences because, for the most part, they are populated with folks having issues with whatever it is that is that forum's central topic.  Few come to to a place like BC to extol the virtues of their OS [except perhaps for the Linux folks - and even they have more than their share of trouble threads] but to seek help when something's wrong.  It's kind of like the car forums for any brand you can think of.  If you went by what's posted on them you'd swear that there was never an automobile that was either mobile nor auto (under its own power).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#9 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,617 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

If I were you, instead of just updating to the newest version of Windows 10, I would perform a clean install. 

I would recommend that if the user has not spent much time customizing their system, installing software, collecting data files, etc.

But that doesn't describe the majority of folks.   

It is such a grand PITA to get a system that you've already spent scads of time setting up to suit your needs and preferences back to that state that I still treat a clean install as a last resort.   This is all the more true since you can do an upgrade in place, which actually replaces the OS for all practical intents and purposes, if you use bootable media created from the Windows 10 ISO for the latest version [whatever that may be at the moment] to do it.

I have never seen that not solve a problem because the OS is, essentially, replaced but however Microsoft does it somehow it still keeps your data and any (or at least the vast majority) of the apps you've installed and keeps your settings (except, in the case of Creators Update, the ones that get asked about during the install/update itself).

#10 techsavvy01

techsavvy01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Windows 10 1703 once again crashed bsod on my Asus G551VW FY212T while using blu ray disc. Perhaps uploading my memory dump will help? How do I upload the  memory dump?

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Read the pinned post in the BSOD forum and attach your logs there.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

#12 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,617 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

To reinforce John_C21's post, BSODs, Crashes, and Hangs is its very own forum because the methods needed to analyze them go well beyond "general purpose help."

You will receive a response on the BSOD forum, and it's where you, or any other member who's having a BSOD, Crash, or Hang should post using the instructions he gave the link to.

#13 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

Windows 10 1703 once again crashed bsod on my Asus G551VW FY212T while using blu ray disc. Perhaps uploading my memory dump will help? How do I upload the  memory dump?

What software are you using? Because this is always happening with your Blu Ray disc machine, I would say that it is either;

A. Hardware related. Maybe there is something wrong with the Blu Ray player or the connection.

B. Software related. I use Cyberlink PoswerDVD to play Blu Rays, and works pretty well.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html?&r=1

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 09 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#14 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,617 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Rocky,

Not that I don't agree with your analysis, but a definitive answer would be forthcoming about which situation is at play here after a BSOD analysis.  This behavior also appears to be erratic, unless the OP doesn't play Blue-Ray discs very often, which makes it even messier.

#15 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

Rocky,

Not that I don't agree with your analysis, but a definitive answer would be forthcoming about which situation is at play here after a BSOD analysis.  This behavior also appears to be erratic, unless the OP doesn't play Blue-Ray discs very often, which makes it even messier.

Thanks Brian, I believe that you are right. I am just keeping up with this thread because it has been on going for a little while and I am curious to see if the OP can get this issue straight.

Rocky

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users