Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Email Client Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tuanton

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

I have been using Incredimail for some years now but just uninstalled it after long and frustrating periods of crashes and re-setting account.

Many years ago I used WikMail on one of my email accounts but discarded it when I discontinued the email account address.  I used noticed on one of the many software download sites that Wikmail was still available for download, though not updated I suspect for years. After trying a few download links I managed to download a copy and was surprised how well it still works.  Had it in for a few weeks now, its got many config options and lots of 'bells and whistles'.

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2017 - 10:18 AM.
Moved from All Other to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

Nice being informed about another email client program.  Another good alternative is Thunderbird, mostly because setup is easy.  Still learning to use requires effort to learn, but I found good success in trying Thunderbird (Mozilla Thunderbird).

#3 jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Depends on your needs.

If you use multiple devices for email, an online solution such as Gmail and Outlook.com might work for you.

For our laptops, we have used Thunderbird for years, as well the two above, with no issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users