Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WindowTop - Easly set window on top , set opacity , click through and more

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gil900

gil900

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Hello everyone, I have developed for fun a new program called "WindowTop"

as the name suggests, with this program you can set window on top. but not only that!

Read more here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/windowtop/

It is free, beta for windows 7 - 10 .

Edited by gil900, 19 June 2017 - 05:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 53,170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

Beta...that means "not ready for prime time", doesn't it?

Looks to me as if you are searching for beta-testers...which is not necessarily what the BC membership exists for..

Quote from your website page: 

Intended Audience

Science/Research, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Quality Engineers, Other Audience, Testers

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 June 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#3 gil900

gil900
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

It means, I do not know. I am one person, trying to do the maximum as possible.. I do not have a team of QA. I checked the software and I saw that it was working pretty well. A number of people reported that it works well. I do not want to sound insolent but do you complain? you get it for free :)
I tested it mostly on Windows 7. It also works on Windows 10 but when it comes to metro apps / apps that are windows 10 only, the "click through" and the "dark mode" are not working. I will try to solve this problem. This is a very difficult problem.

Other than that it's okay :) 

Edited by gil900, 19 June 2017 - 07:22 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 53,170 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

It's not my nature to "complain"...nor is it my nature to assume that every time someone offers me something...that it's something that I want or need.

As a Staff member here at this website...I try to call things for what they are.  That's not "complaining", just protecting the interests of those who join BC with no intention at all...of being guinea pigs for every developer who comes up with a beta program.  Some members may not know that beta programs/utilities...are likely to have faults...for which the developer needs feedback.  Some members may not know that any program with vrtually no support webpage...is high-risk.

I try to make them aware of these and other things which may not be readily apparent to unknowing eyes.

To "complain" about the fruits of your labors...I would have to be willing to install it/try it/critique it.

My post is no complaint, just an apparent statement of what is.

Louis

#5 gil900

gil900
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Ok okay. I know from experience that I have a problem understanding people.. so I asked.

Well, I agree. Beta is beta. Friends here need to know that they are getting what they pay for... But your computer will not explode. It's not a program that deals with windows registry or something like that. If there is bug, it will never put the computer at risk. It stores the data in ini file, not in windows registry. portable version is also included so you don't have to install it.

#6 gil900

gil900
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Beta...that means "not ready for prime time", doesn't it?

Looks to me as if you are searching for beta-testers...which is not necessarily what the BC membership exists for..

Quote from your website page: 

Intended Audience

Science/Research, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Quality Engineers, Other Audience, Testers

Louis

This is not accurate. My intention is to share people with things that are useful to me and perhaps also useful to them.
According to my terms, beta is very close to stable. In my terms you are talking about "Alpha" rather than "beta".

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 53,170 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

:thumbup2:, understood.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users