Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Lawsuit...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Codaeus

Codaeus

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

I have not seen anymore requests for donations lately, so assume the legal problems are over. Not many websites I find worthy to donate to, but this was one of the few. Hope this site is still around long after I'm not. Best of luck!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

The lawsuit was settled.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/announcement/bleepingcomputer/press-release/

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Looks like BC lost. :(

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 1,837 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

Not really, a settlement means neither party won.

If I read the language of the post right its all fine so if we all say that Enigma software makes bad software we still can.

But we are not representative as members as a whole for the website, the deletion of the posts were probably made as a side effect of the settlement.

We can still probably say SpyHunter is hot garbage but not have Enigma go after us legally.

Especially if its from a member and not a article writer.

I mean I could be wrong but I am sure if we have issues with SpyHunter and wish to complain about it we still can here and to Enigma themselves.

If we wish to tell others to stay away from SpyHunter I am sure we still can, I dont think anything will happen if we all said that SpyHunter was not that great or even terrible as long as Enigma understands that none of us work for bleepingcomputer.

Edited by MadmanRB, 20 June 2017 - 12:28 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

gh8un5-6.png

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Well then the truth prevails at least.

#6 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Location:I'm a fifty-terabyte, self-evolving neural network, double back-flip off the high platform. I'm not a swan dive. And I have to tell you, killing for real; it was a real rush.
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

Just another badge of honor. I appreciate fighters like Bleeping Computers for fighting for the rest of us and not looking for a gain. That is one of the reasons I wanted to choose this site as no.1 for owners like this.

I am made of everything! I am the future! And you...

you're losing your sense of humor!

Real_Gun_Mother_bleeper.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users