Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible chinese virus..?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 elly_707

elly_707

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

Hello,

So recently I encountered a corrupted file that left my pc full of viruses. While as I ran Avira, most of the viruses were put into quarantine, this one specific file, which probably altered by pc, was left untouched.

It could be possible that my worries are baseless, and I'm really sorry to trouble you all with something as stupid as this...

But when I right click on a file, half of the text appears in english, while the other half is japanese. I'm adding a photo because I can't really explain it right ;;

I do not know what other information should be added- the computer seems to be working fine now that most of the viruses are removed. But it just really worries me, and I would be really grateful if someone could look into this problem.

Thank you for your time! I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question or if it's put in the wrong category.

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p705/elly_707/Untitled3_zpsfozuu3jt.png

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p705/elly_707/Untitled_1_zpsvtpwwx3v.png

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

elly707:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Virus, Trojans, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum.  My name is Phil.  May I address you by your first name?

I will be assisting you with your computer issues.  I will endeavor to respond within a reasonable time, normally 48 hours after your last post.

Please review this post and provide the requested Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs.

Please copy and paste the contents of all requested log files directly into your replies.  I know that the instructions do say to attach the "Addition.txt" file, but it is much faster for me to analyze the logs when that are copied and pasted into your replies.  Please do not use "code" or "quote" boxes.  Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

I will need some time to review your FRST logs.  That could take a day or two.

PLEASE DO NOT RUN ANY ADDITIONAL SCANS OR ANTI-MALWARE REMOVAL TOOLS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM ME.
Doing so would complicate the situation and it would cause further delays in resolving your issues.  It could also potentially result in harm to your computer because my "fix" will be based on the FRST scan logs you have already submitted.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,693 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

elly_707:

Are you still there?  Do you still require assistance?  It has been three days since I last posted to you.

According to Forum policy, topics must be concluded after five days of non-response from the Topic Starter.

If I have not heard from you in another two days, I will conclude your topic.  You can always reopen it by sending a Personal Message to a Moderator.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

#4 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• 3,693 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users