Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Event- System_Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig_4001

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DorisMB1956

DorisMB1956

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

My computer totally quit working yesterday afternoon.. I couldn't get a picture, sound, or any kind of response from it. It looked like it went down at the time when the System_Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig_4001.

I rebooted it in safe mode but no results either. So I let it sit all afternoon and tried again last night with no results either. So I messed around with my ethernet extension box and just pushed on all the connections to make sure nothing had come lose. Turned the computer back on and it came up with a recovery screen. The time on the screen was 12:42pm. The current time that I was doing this was at 9:45pm. I let it run to see if it would open, but it only loaded most of the desktop and couldn't go any farther.. I have attached screenshots of what went on during the time that it had crashed and come back up. 

When I couldn't go any farther, after trying to load the desktop, I manually turned off the computer with the on/off button on the computer. My  husband was on the same cable line that I was using and he had no issues at all. Since I had that episode, my computer has been running fine.

What could have caused the problem and what do I need to do to see if there was any damage to my computer? Am I missing any files from this event and how do I find this out? I did a search on Microsoft but didn't find the event code anywhere so I hope you guys can help me out with this.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

You can try this solution depending what is your Windows version

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/299357/how-to-reset-tcp-ip-by-using-the-netshell-utility.
For more detailed answer you better follow this https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ 
Firstly be sure you are not infected by some malicious software and post in there :) 
Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users