Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi keeps dropping issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 US1993

US1993

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

I have Asus X555L laptop and the wifi randomly disconnects, and would not reconnect until I restart the machine.  All the other machine never experience this issue so I don't think it's the Router.  I have tried the following to rectify the issue but nothing seemed to work:

- Tried reinstalling the wireless driver

- Reinstalled Windows 10 but this didn't make any difference.

Is there anything else I could try to solve this issue?  It's nightmare restarting machine every time it disconnects.  and this usually happens 2-3 times a day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

Some things to try. Try the steps in order.

Make sure the adapter is using Maximum Power. This is for Dell but the procedure is the same. See step 3.

Sometimes Windows 10 gets confused when both the LAN and Wifi adapter are enabled. Disable your Ethernet adapter, not uninstall, in Device Manager.

Disable IPv6   If it does not solve the problem then re-enable.

In any case, you are not alone. Windows 10 has a bad habit of disconnecting on Wifi on some adapters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users