I have an old Win XP machine with Office 2007 that I am replacing with a shiny new Win 10 machine. I have purchased Office 365 Home Subscription. I will need to keep both machines running for at least a few months because of one software application that I cannot port to the Win 10 machine. I also have an iPhone and an iPad.
I have several email accounts not all with the same host. Most are with GoDaddy. I have two that were for two different businesses I ran and a couple for personal use.
I need help configuring the email so that I can get messages on all of these devices (old Win XP machine, new Win 10 machine, iPad, & iPhone).
I have several questions:
- Can the old and new machines share email messages if one is running Office 2007 and the other Office 365? Or do I have to upgrade the old machine to Office 365?
- The old machine is currently set up as POP3. Is that going to be a problem?
- Is there a way that I can "ignore" emails that I see on one mobile device and have it also not show up on any other mobile devices, but not be deleted and still show up on the PC?
- If I set up an email folder structure, will that structure be mirrored on the server and also on all of the other devices? If I move an email from one folder to another or move an entire folder, will that be propagated to the server and all devices?
- Are any of the books out there any good at helping me sort all this out? If so, which ones?
Thanks for any tips or pointers...