Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing number of workspaces in antiX 16

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

Using icewm, open ~/.icewm/preferences in a text editor and scroll down to this line:
WorkspaceNames=" 1 "," 2 "
To add a third workspace for example, edit the line like so:
WorkspaceNames=" 1 "," 2 "," 3 "

Edited by Al1000, 18 June 2017 - 11:21 AM.
typo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hi, Al.

Thanks for that! In fact, since I posted that a couple of days ago, I've just literally ( in the last half-hour, in fact), found that there is a way to do just this via the GUI in Menu->Applications->System Tools->IceWMcc:-

jVg0hg4.png

Then you just select the number of workspaces you want via the slider:-

DfTBbjC.png

But it's not at all where you'd expect to find it! I felt sure it would be in the 'Control Centre'.....along with all the other desktop-related stuff, but no.....it's buried away in the depths of the system menu.  :scratchhead:  :rolleyes:

I'm glad I found it, though. I had a look at the 'Edit IceWM config' tool in the Control Centre.....which brings up a whole bunch of config files. Not my favourite kinda thing; I usually avoid such stuff like the plague, unless I absolutely don't have any other choice..!

Your reply is, however, very much appreciated. Cheers.  :thumbup2:  If I'm perfectly honest, I've yet to find any Linux distro which has everything which (to my mind at least) is logically-related all together in the same place. Pup's just as bad in some respects.....but it's 'horses for courses'; you just get used to things after a while.

Thanks.

Mike.  :wink:

Edited by Mike_Walsh, 18 June 2017 - 01:05 PM.

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

#3 Al1000

Al1000
  • Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 7,975 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

I thought there might be a way to do it through the GUI. Hope you don't mind if I move your post to the other topic, in case anyone else is wondering the same. :)

#4 Mike_Walsh

Mike_Walsh

Bleepin' 'Puppy' nut..!!

• Members
  • 1,411 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

No, no probs with that, Al; whatever you think best. Better to try and keep things consistent..!

Mike.  :wink:

Distros:- Multiple 'Puppies'..... and Anti-X 16.1

My Puppy BLOG ~~~  My Puppy PACKAGES

Compaq Presario SR1916UK; Athlon64 X2 3800+, 3 GB RAM, WD 500GB Caviar 'Blue', 32GB Kingspec PATA SSD, 3 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics, Dell 15.1" pNp monitor (1024 x 768), TP-Link PCI-e USB 3.0 card, Logitech c920 HD Pro webcam, self-powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub

Dell Inspiron 1100; 2.6 GHz 400FSB P4, 1.5 GB RAM, 64GB KingSpec IDE SSD, Intel 'Extreme' graphics, 1 TB Seagate 'Expansion' external HDD, M$ HD-3000 'Lifecam'.

KXhaWqy.gifFQ8nrJ3.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users