Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding an exception / permission for a trojan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vargint

vargint

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

I am trying to use a hack for a game on my Win 10 PC.  The problem is that the hack contains a trojan, but I am reasonably certain that it won't harm my computer,  there are a number of people using it without any problems.  So I would like to add an exception for it so that my computer can run the hack.

The hack maker added hardware protection and that is when my computer started having problems with it.  At first I could turn off Windows defender to be able to download the hack and run it, otherwise it would be blocked.  But after windows update 3 days ago, the windows defender is blocking it completely, even if i turn the defender off. 

I need to prevent windows defender from blocking the hack.  Can someone help me please?

The trojan name is Win32/Fuery.B!cl[/size]
The file that contains it is Neon.mix[/size]

I tried turning off defender, doesn't work.  I tried to unquarantine the files it flagged without any effect.  I tried downloading the files anew, It doesn't seem to be blocking from being downloaded anymore, but it's blocking it from being ran completely.

Edited by Al1000, 18 June 2017 - 04:58 PM.
Moved from Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 5,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

Bleeping Computer's rules state:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

Offering advice on this matter would violate the rules, therefore this topic is closed. If you would like advice on checking this computer for malware, please send me a PM and I will reopen the topic for that purpose.

EDIT: It has been decided to allow this topic after it transpired that the "hack" is a modification to a game.

Members please note that such "hacks" are done entirely at your own risk, and that they may be picked up by anti-virus or anti-malware software on your computer.

Edited by Al1000, 18 June 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#3 Fuzzy90

Fuzzy90

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

Hello,

first of All it would be Helpfull to know which Hack for which Game you want to use. There are Multiple Ways of Exclude it, depending on the Program

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 49,312 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

If you suspect a file was falsely detected (a false positive) or appears suspicious, then you should submit a sample to the Microsoft Malware Protection Center research team so they can investigate and take corrective action if confirmed.Once a file is received, a researcher can examine it in more detail and provide a report letting you know the results. You should also contact and advise the program vendor that one of their files is being detected as a threat. In many cases they will work with the anti-virus techs in an attempt to resolve the detection.
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Windows Insider MVP 2017
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 vargint

vargint
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

The game i am using is Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.  The mod for the game is simply a .mix file that is placed in the game folder.  It automatically loads when the game is opened.  

I doubt that it's a false positive, it probably is a trojan in the file, but it's not harming my computer and is required for it to work.

I could turn off win defender through the registry, but i'd prefer to add exception for this program and have the defender working.

#6 titan1

titan1

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

The game i am using is Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.  The mod for the game is simply a .mix file that is placed in the game folder.  It automatically loads when the game is opened.  

I doubt that it's a false positive, it probably is a trojan in the file, but it's not harming my computer and is required for it to work.

I could turn off win defender through the registry, but i'd prefer to add exception for this program and have the defender working.

You should upload the file to virus total for scanning, I have never seen windows defender to give false positives from my personal experience. And also, how can you be sure that the trojan isn't harmful, maybe you can't see any visible indications of it's activity, but that's what trojans are supposed to do, hiding in plain site. And nobody creates a trojan for nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users