Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with wireless drivers for an Acer Aspire One

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ScarXL

ScarXL

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Okay so I was tasked with fixing an Acer Aspire One AO751h:

https://www.emag.ro/netbook-acer-aspire-one-ao751h-52bk-intelr-atomtm-z520-1-33ghz-1gb-160gb-windows-xp-home-negru-lu-s810b-047/pd/ES953BBBM/

Any wireless drivers I try to download don't work. They all say "the device needs to be plugged in first".

Can someone link me the proper WLAN driver for this specific netbook, it has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit? Thanks.

Edited by ScarXL, 17 June 2017 - 06:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

https://www.emag.ro/netbook-acer-aspire-one-ao751h-52bk-intelr-atomtm-z520-1-33ghz-1gb-160gb-windows-xp-home-negru-lu-s810b-047/pd/ES953BBBM/

Any wireless drivers I try to download don't work. They all say "the device needs to be plugged in first".

Can someone link me the proper WLAN driver for this specific netbook, it has Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit? Thanks.

A Google search of the error message "the device needs to be plugged in first" results in exactly and only one hit; this post.  Please post the EXACT error message, word-for-word, character-for-character, case specific, etc...

Also post link of source where you are getting these drivers from.

Navigate to Hardware Manager, click "show hidden devices" and report all flagged devices here.

What's the history of this machine?  Infection?  Did it get dropped on the floor?  Part of me wants to take the error message at it's word and crack open the case and see if the wireless card has become unplugged.  Since we don't really want to do that, everything I'm thinking about now are reasons to NOT do that.

#3 ScarXL

ScarXL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

A Google search of the error message "the device needs to be plugged in first" results in exactly and only one hit; this post.  Please post the EXACT error message, word-for-word, character-for-character, case specific, etc...

Also post link of source where you are getting these drivers from.

Navigate to Hardware Manager, click "show hidden devices" and report all flagged devices here.

What's the history of this machine?  Infection?  Did it get dropped on the floor?  Part of me wants to take the error message at it's word and crack open the case and see if the wireless card has become unplugged.  Since we don't really want to do that, everything I'm thinking about now are reasons to NOT do that.

No, I didn't drop it. Wasn't infected. I just re-installed Windows completely and now I don't have a Wireless Driver for it anymore. I just need a link to a valid WLAN driver for it. The network adapter is fine.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

This was a clean install and is at SP1, correct? Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to your Network Adapter in Device Manager? If there is then right click the device, select properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware Ids in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

Edit: Did you download the Wifi driver here?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/1112?b=1

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 June 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#5 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

No, I didn't drop it. Wasn't infected. I just re-installed Windows completely and now I don't have a Wireless Driver for it anymore. I just need a link to a valid WLAN driver for it. The network adapter is fine.

Oh sorry I was under the mistaken impression that you posted asking for help.  My apologies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users