Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing system language in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saluqi

saluqi

• Members
  • 653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

I have a friend in Austria who has just had a local "guru" install Windows 10 (don't know yet which version) on her high-end Lenovo laptop, previously running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  She wanted English, he installed German.  I thought changing the system language was possible, she wants to know how.  Google suggested Settings, Language & Time, and choose another language.  Is it as simple as that?  She wants a complete change, not just a keyboard or display change.  Being myself completely fluent in both languages (not to mention a few others) I understand her desire to avoid any "hybrid" situations.  When I want to write English, I want to be able to use the full power of that language.  The same when I want to write German.  You don't want to have to fiddle with keyboard workarounds, etc.  One language or the other, right down to syntax or grammar corrections in the word processor.

Thanks for enlightenment!

Edited by saluqi, 16 June 2017 - 09:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:51 AM

See this article from Windows Central -

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users