Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Creators Update Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mattm3

mattm3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Hi Guys,

I updated Windows 10 yesterday and ever sine my audio makes a buzz noise every so often when listening to music, videos etc... I contacted Microsoft support but they just did everything I already tried - uninstalling drivers and re-installing, disabling in device manager, disabling sound effects.

I've attached a recording of it happening, it happens around 2 seconds.

Has anyone else had these problems and fixed it?

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattm3

mattm3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Anyone? :(

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

This is a known issue being experienced by numerous people who downloaded this problematic update. This issue was addressed at the Microsoft Community website by Mark Isi, a Forum Moderator there.  Below is what they posted in regard to this issue.

Since this issue is isolated after the 1703 update, the best that we could suggest for now is to roll back to the previous build version to prevent the blue screen error. This can be simply done by performing a System Restore under the recovery options in Windows 10.

In the mean time, you can also reach out to us via Feedback Hub (a Windows 10 application) and share to us the full detail of this blue screen error issue. Our engineers will have a look at this, and hopefully include a fix on the following updates to come.

Try the system restore and hope that they (Microsoft) gets this problem figured out and includes the fix in their next update.  Heaven help us with that update as well.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,025 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

dc3 wrote, ". . . hope that they (Microsoft) gets this problem figured out and includes the fix in their next update.  Heaven help us with that update as well."

Every time I see a comment like this I have to ask, "And this is different than any software maker with any identified bug in exactly what way?"

These things can, do, and will happen, and not just with Windows.  Once reported the process is:  find the root problem, fix the root problem, release an update to fix the problem.

What on earth would anyone have them do other than that?  [And, yes, it would be nice if these sorts of issues never occurred, but they do.  'Tis the nature of the beast.]

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 mattm3

mattm3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

I think I have fixed it by updating the USB 3.1 drivers :)

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,025 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

If that fix worked you might want to hop on to the Microsoft Community Website thread that dc3 cited and offer that bit of information.

Even if it only works for certain hardware or a limited number of people it's useful info on something to try and can also lead Microsoft engineers to have a specific place to look.

If you don't want to get involved there then please consider submitting something to Microsoft through the Feedback Hub that's a built-in feature of Windows 10.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#7 mattm3

mattm3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

Will do, I'll post it to them in a second :)

Thanks for your help and suggestions :) appreciate it.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

dc3 wrote, ". . . hope that they (Microsoft) gets this problem figured out and includes the fix in their next update.  Heaven help us with that update as well."

Every time I see a comment like this I have to ask, "And this is different than any software maker with any identified bug in exactly what way?"

These things can, do, and will happen, and not just with Windows.  Once reported the process is:  find the root problem, fix the root problem, release an update to fix the problem.

What on earth would anyone have them do other than that?  [And, yes, it would be nice if these sorts of issues never occurred, but they do.  'Tis the nature of the beast.]

When Microsoft took away our choice of what we downloaded and installed update wise we lost some control over what updates we are going to get.  We can no longer choose what we want or trust to be installed.  Aside from this, yes... Microsoft has made mistakes in updates in the past with their other operating systems, but it certainly seems that Windows 10 has had more than what we are use to see.  This has become problematic enough that there are lot of us who will wait to see what sort of problems a new update will have before committing ourselves to installing them.  Of course this now means the entire update.  It is what it is, but with Windows 10 Microsoft has taken certain controls out of our hands.  I recognize that they are trying to resolve this issue of those who were deciding what updates "they" wanted or needed which eventually leads to unprotected computer or computers missing important software updates, and then we see them at websites like Bleeping Computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

We see how well that worked with the SMBv1 patch that was released in March, and WannaCry.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,025 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

I'll take seeing folks at BC Windows 10 Support because of an annoyance because of an update, and that's what the vast majority of issues with Windows Updates trigger, than seeing them in the "Am I infected? What should I do?", "BSOD," "Malware removal" etc., forums because they thought they knew better, or believed they knew better, about what updates should or should not be applied to the OS they created and maintain than some random tech said so.

Just yesterday, or the day before, one of our respected BSOD Kernel Dump Experts said this:

There really isn't a point to checking for updates and not installing them. . .   It's important to install all available updates.  I've been doing this since the days of DOS, and I still don't have the confidence to pick and choose among updates.  There are just too many variables involved - and most people can't evaluate the full consequences of installing/not installing updates.

~ John Carrona, AKA usasma on BleepingComputer.com, http://www.carrona.org/

To which my only response, based on my decades dealing with every version of Windows since there was Windows, is:  I agree entirely.

I have seen far, far, far more devastation from failures to update than from the much touted, but seldom occurring "bad updates."  (And by "bad updates" I don't mean ones that cause slight annoyances, but that cause systems to become unstable and crash.)

#11 lilyik9

lilyik9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

I have the same question and don't know how to fix it.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hi lilyik9, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you have read through the topic and the suggestions made and this hasn't resolved your problem I would suggest starting your own topic.  There are two reason why this is a good idea.  1. Trying to address two potentially different problems in one topic usually leads to confusion.  2. In the case of this topic the OP has posted that they have resolved their problem and how they did it.  There is a high probability that other members who were following this topic will not see your post or do and not respond since the OP's issue has been resolved.

I hope you understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users