Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop couldnt start up, even in safe mode.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rxyhme

rxyhme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

Hello guys! I'm using a MSI laptop, GE60 with Windows 8 pre installed in it but I've downgraded it to Windows 7. One day I just couldnt go into the startup screen anymore even with safe mode. The laptop would just continuously go into a reboot loop. Please help :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

Try to access Safe Mode; when in safe mode, do a system restore to a restore date closest to before this started happening.

[EDIT]:  Ok, maybe I misunderstood you; can you not access safe mode, or did you mean that you cannot do a system restore after successfully entering safe mode?

Also....does that unit have a DVD drive?

Edited by ranchhand_, 16 June 2017 - 08:21 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 rxyhme

rxyhme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for replying! I cannot access safe mode at all. Yes it does.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:46 AM

Go HERE and download Hirens Boot CD (free) and burn to a CD or DVD. Reboot with it in your drive; the first menu to appear will be "Boot From Hard Drive"; select that and press Enter. Hopefully that will get you into Windows. From there, perform a System Restore as I posted above.

Only one requirement: your laptop must be set to boot from the optical drive as first boot device. If it is not, this may fail because it will attempt to boot from the hard drive which is your problem. You can change the boot order in the BIOS screen; you must tap one of the F-keys when you first power-up in order to get to that screen. If you don't know which key, check your manual that came with the computer, hopefully it will be in there.

You can try tapping F8 or DELETE on boot, sometimes those are used.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users