Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent Message Re Registry Change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 P220ST

P220ST

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

I receive a popup message (balloon above the Defender Icon in the System Tray) on every reboot that reads: "An Application Registry change was made for a known application file: C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"
I'm a regular (non-IT) user, and am predictably unfamiliar with the registry. I don't know what this message is referring to nor do I know what to do. I do need assistance as to how to proceed. Please advise!

Sincerely,
Mark Allen
(Moderator edit: E-mail address deleted to prevent spambot harvesting. Phone number also deleted to assure member privacy. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 11 September 2006 - 12:48 AM.

HARDWARE
CoolerMaster WaveMaster TAC-T01 Mid-Tower, Intel D975XBX2KR Bad Axe 2 Mobo, Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.4GHz Q6600 CPU, Corsair 4GB [2(2 x 1GB kit)] 5300 DDR2 SDRAM, eVGA e-GeForce 8800GT AKIMBO 512MB SC, Hauppauge HVR-1600, PreSonus Firebox Firewire audio interface/sound card, 4 Seagate 320GB 7200.10 16MB cache HDDs. Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1TB External Backup.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 crofty

crofty

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:52 AM

Hi P220ST

I read the same question on CastleCops Forum and i have copied and pasted there answer, hope it helps.

You can ignore that one. It's simply alerting you that the scheduled task for an automated scan that defender will do for you has been updated. If you uncheck the option to notify you regarding changes made to your computer by software that is allowed to run it will disappear... although you may inadvertently find that many more system restore checkpoints are created as a consequence. I've learned to live with that alert in the current invocation of the product.

Also here is a link if you want to visit the site
My Webpage

Cheers :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users