Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is not running games as well as it used to.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paton96

paton96

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hello,
A couple of years ago I built this computer rig and overall I have had no issues. Although one problem seems to have come up where my computer doesn't seem to be running games very well like it should. There are certain games that get as low as 15fps, and based on my computer specs this should not be happening. One game this does happen a lot with is Overwatch. And from what I have read, my computer should meet the spec requirments, and also all the graphical options are set to low, but still has performance issues. There also seems to be an issue where games that used to run well seem to under perform now as well. Can someone please help me find an answer. 

My specs are:
CPU: AMD Athlon™ X4 750K Quad Core Processor 3.40 GHZ
RAM: 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Windows 7
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
Mother Board: Biostar Hi‑Fi A85S3 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
PSU: Antec 500W

Also another point to consider is that I use a NETGEAR N600 Wireless USB Adapter for internet connection. I this a good enough device for that. I tried plugging it in to both the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and there was no difference for online games

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

do a adware/malware cleaning:

a lot of the time when you start seeing performance issues it's because processes running in the background like malware or adware

malwarebytes

jrt

adwcleaner

get them here from the download section, run them and I bet it will find some issues and help speed up your computer.

#3 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

I suggest also a general service to your computer. Dust may be clogged and can be anything.

Also do a defragmentation of the hard discs.

Computers should undergo both hardware cleaning and software cleaning for every 6 months at-least in my personal opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users