Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop going crazy: Wireless network adapter, Ethernet, Bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 thatagz

thatagz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys,

First of all I'd like to point this is going to be a long post

I have a MSI Laptop (GS60 2PC) I bought in 2014, it was always perfect! Even nowadays I'm impressed how fast it boots and how powerful it is. Lately I'm facing some awful situations, tho.

First of all I thought it was only Wireless Network Adapter problem. The computer comes with a Intel Wireless 7260-AC that sometimes struggled a bit to connect to some networks but nothing I couldn't solve in the past, until recently it doesn't even recognize the Wireless Network Adapter on my device manager list, or sometimes it's there but it can't find connections, or it connects and gets limited after seconds and whenever I tried to solve the situation by troubleshooting/reseting wireless network adapter/updating driver/rolling back driver the whole thing freezes (for instance if I troubleshoot, the blue circle of "thinking" keeps spinning forever and if I click elsewhere on the screen troubleshoot freezes, the other tasks keeps running fine).

When it could get me some results from the troubleshoot it was mainly "Default Gateway is not available" sometimes the Wireless wasn't enabled. But when I run troubleshoot now it only freezes

- Drivers are on its latest version!

- Checked the "power management" box off preventing it to turn off on battery

- Formatted my computer factory standards

With that, I looked for help on MSI Forums, and an user there recommended me to change the Wireless Network Adapter, invest 20 dollars and buying Intel 8265 or 8260. Another told me to update BIOS and EC Firmware and me myself thought it could be a good idea to open up my device and check if the hardware was properly connected.

R. BIOS and EC Firmware updated, everything connected inside my laptop

I did everything as suggested besides the part of buying a new network adapter, because before doing that I would like to make sure this was the cause of my nightmares. I was afraid it could not be only the network adapter itself but maybe motherboard issue, or power or even some kind of incompatibility

This week I decided to take notes on every weird thing that happened to my laptop while using, to provide materials for you guys (that probably know a lot more than me).

Monday: wifi wasn't working (as usual) and I was using my computer with ethernet cable, but at some point this one got limited and as troubleshoot, the message "doesn't have valid IP configuration", it was quite late and I decided to turn off my computer and sleep. Also Monday, I wasn't using, but I went to device manager to take a look on the situation of the wireless network adapter and I found out my bluetooth had a yellow alert sign with the message "STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Tuesday: Ethernet had this red X and marked as disabled, when i went to device manager, it had a black arrow pointing down on the Killer Ethernet, and when I clicked to enable it, my laptop froze. i restarted the computer, it had wifi working for 3 seconds then all other connections disappeared and the one I was "connected" was showing as limited. As I was at work I decided to get files through a pendrive and work offline, but USB ports weren't recognizing pendrive/mouse as well

Today: turned on the computer, ethernet works, wifi not (i'm truly used to that at this point). Was listening to music on spotify only, and I noticed that when I closed spotify, the music that was playing lagged and made a noise that sounds like bad contact/interference when you're plugging an audio cable on a stereo makes that BRRRRRRRR. (sorry I couldn't define it better, english is also not my mother tongue I hope you can understand the sound, I wish I could record a voice message in that part)

Decided to open Google Chrome, it opened not full screen, so I clicked twice on the top to expand it and it froze "Not Responding". Closed Chrome and tried to open it again, nothing happens, once more...nothing happens. Decided to restart the computer, it took SO_LONG that I wanted to wait til it finally shuts down, but I waited 11minutes and gave up, I had to force shutting down by pressing the button.

When I turned it on again, was cleaning my room listening to music using bluetooth music box, that stopped after 2 minutes, came to check what happened, bluetooth not working again, went to device manager and same message as Monday "STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

So, long story short: I suspect something bigger than just wireless network adapter is going on. What could cause power failure to bluetooth/wireless on the computer? Or would you guys really think this could be only network adapter problem? that if I just change it things will be back to normal?

Thank you incredibly much for the help!!

Sorry for the long post, I tried to give as much as information I could.

Edited by thatagz, 15 June 2017 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Follow the BSOD log gathering instructions from Sysnative, and post the results here...

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging/68-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-8-1-8-7-vista.html

Note: Even though a BSOD has not been reported, the Sysnative tool pushes out a lot of good information for overall troubleshooting.

Edited by jwoods301, 15 June 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#3 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

Hey!

There's my Sysnative results

I couldn't run the perfmon report because it refused to generate the report. It said "The operator or administrator has refused the request."

If needed I can run the Help Desk from MSI, it gives loads of system information too :)

Thank you for the help!

Attached Files

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Try running permon from a Run box...

Windows key + R key.

Type perfmon /report followed by Enter.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hi,

I suspect Avast is conflicting with your networking drivers as indicate from the uploaded minidumps. Please uninstall Avast for testing, use Windows Defender for protection, and run Avast's cleaning tool.

I notice you have some Killer Networking/Qualcomm Atheros components on your system. Unfortunately, Killer Networking drivers are known to cause BSODs. Please reinstall your KN drivers therefore, using the drivers from your motherboard's website. To do so:

-uninstall ALL Qualcomm Atheros/Killer Networking programs from the Control Panel (especially the Performance Suite thing)
-reboot and run the driver package you just downloaded

We also need to disable its service/startup:

• Download and save Autoruns from here.
• Right-click on Autoruns64.exe, select Run as administrator, and accept any User Account Control prompts.
• Go to Options, and check Hide Empty Locations and Hide Microsoft Entries.
• Wait for a minute or so, then go to the Logon tab. Uncheck Killer Network Manager.Ink It's under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup area. You'll have to scroll down. :wink:
• Next, go to the Services tab, and uncheck Killer Service v2.
• Restart your computer. If your internet connection is broken, undo the steps we did above, and reboot.

Apart from that please uninstall ALL MSI programs, as they cause general system instability...

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

Try running permon from a Run box...

Windows key + R key.

Type perfmon /report followed by Enter.

Tried and again same notification

"The operator or administrator has refused the request."

Hi,

I suspect Avast is conflicting with your networking drivers as indicate from the uploaded minidumps. Please uninstall Avast for testing, use Windows Defender for protection, and run Avast's cleaning tool.

I notice you have some Killer Networking/Qualcomm Atheros components on your system. Unfortunately, Killer Networking drivers are known to cause BSODs. Please reinstall your KN drivers therefore, using the drivers from your motherboard's website. To do so:

-uninstall ALL Qualcomm Atheros/Killer Networking programs from the Control Panel (especially the Performance Suite thing)
-reboot and run the driver package you just downloaded

We also need to disable its service/startup:

• Download and save Autoruns from here.
• Right-click on Autoruns64.exe, select Run as administrator, and accept any User Account Control prompts.
• Go to Options, and check Hide Empty Locations and Hide Microsoft Entries.
• Wait for a minute or so, then go to the Logon tab. Uncheck Killer Network Manager.Ink It's under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup area. You'll have to scroll down. :wink:
• Next, go to the Services tab, and uncheck Killer Service v2.
• Restart your computer. If your internet connection is broken, undo the steps we did above, and reboot.

Apart from that please uninstall ALL MSI programs, as they cause general system instability...

Regards,

bwv848

Thank you very much I'll do that! Keep you guys posted the following days

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,953 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

:thumbup2:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#8 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Hello guys!

The solution above made me so happy! it was working, everything but it lasted less than one week.

Since last friday that I followed the steps, it was perfect, everything working, ethernet, bluetooth, wifi and I tried to keep connected with WiFi even if I had the cable right next to me just to keep on monitoring.

The thing is, this morning WiFi was also good, I left work around 17h and now (22:30) I turned on my laptop again at home and no WiFi, no Intel Network Adapter 7260-AC driver on the device manager.

Came to my desk and connected the cable, ethernet works.

Any other hints on what it could be?!

I asked this question also on MSI forums and an user there told me to upgrade my windows 8.1 to Windows 10, he said the model 7260HMV of the network adapter was designed to work better on Windows 10. But before doing so, I did a basic research on the words "Intel Network Adapter 7260-AC" and "Windows 10" and the only thing I could find was people complaining that after the update their connection was incredebly slow. You think I should give it a try?!

Thank you once again for all support

#9 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Some routers are configured to disconnect after a certain time of inactivity.

You might check your router's configuration to see if that's the case.

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

Have you checked for Windows Updates?  The report that tells me about your updates is missing, so I don't know how many Windows Update hotfixes you have - please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

FYI - there are many Windows Update failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report - please be sure to double check your Windows Updates.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version E16H2IMS.112) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

One of the memory dumps points to Avast.  This may/may not be significant - but it'll be prudent to test this.

Please uninstall Avast (and use Windows Defender) while we're troubleshooting.

Feel free to download and install a fresh, W8.1 compatible version AFTER we're finished troubleshooting.

Your Live Mesh driver dates from 2010 (more info on it here:  http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rdpdispm.sys )

Please uninstall it. 

Beyond that, if the problems persist, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Also, please provide this report when the wifi isn't working (preferably as soon as it stops working):

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps.  If uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

Finally, you may want to start backing up your stuff - as some of the upcoming steps will involve reinstalling Windows "clean".

Analysis:
The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Tue Jun 20 11:46:11.876 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\062017-146609-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.23807.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.170512-0600
System Uptime:0 days 0:09:02.781
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswVmm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswVmm.sys
Probably caused by :aswVmm.sys ( aswVmm+29e9f )
BugCheck 50, {fffff88004004f48, 1, fffff88001429e9f, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88004004f48, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88001429e9f, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
    address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x50
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_STACKPTR_ERROR_aswVmm+29e9f
CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz"
MaxSpeed:     2300
CurrentSpeed: 2294
  BIOS Version                  K55VD.203
  BIOS Release Date             03/12/2012
  Manufacturer                  ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  Product Name                  K55VD
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Tue Jun 20 11:36:21.964 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\062017-43399-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:16:28.870
Probably caused by :win32k.sys ( win32k+1f675f )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff9600028675f, fffff8800d2de840, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff9600028675f, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800d2de840, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B
PROCESS_NAME:  DriverBooster.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_win32k+1f675f
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Tue Jun 20 09:47:26.962 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\062017-28423-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:03:03.868
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800036abff2, fffff88006773cc0, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff800036abff2, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88006773cc0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x3B
PROCESS_NAME:  netsession_win
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+12

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft.  You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

**************************Tue Jun 20 11:46:11.876 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
ASMMAP64.sys                Thu Jul  2 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
intelppm.sys                Mon Jul 13 19:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
kbfiltr.sys                 Mon Jul 20 05:21:42 2009 (4A643726)
amdxata.sys                 Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
rdpdispm.sys                Thu Aug 19 19:20:11 2010 (4C6DBC2B)
atkwmiacpi64.sys            Tue Sep  6 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
AsusVBus.sys                Tue Nov  1 03:24:17 2011 (4EAF9EA1)
AsusVTouch.sys              Mon Nov  7 06:48:23 2011 (4EB7C587)
iaStor.sys                  Tue Nov 29 22:39:19 2011 (4ED5A567)
iusb3hub.sys                Fri Jan 27 04:35:25 2012 (4F226FDD)
iusb3xhc.sys                Fri Jan 27 04:35:28 2012 (4F226FE0)
iusb3hcs.sys                Fri Jan 27 04:37:23 2012 (4F227053)
ETD.sys                     Mon Feb 20 05:11:23 2012 (4F421C4B)
IntcDAud.sys                Tue Sep  9 08:13:01 2014 (540EEECD)
igdkmd64.sys                Thu Oct 23 07:01:59 2014 (5448E027)
HWiNFO64A.SYS               Tue Mar 31 05:51:32 2015 (551A6E24)
VBoxUSBMon.sys              Tue Sep 15 23:25:39 2015 (55F8E133)
SCDEmu.SYS                  Mon Oct  5 08:39:54 2015 (56126F9A)
athrx.sys                   Sun Feb 14 23:11:13 2016 (56C14FE1)
TeeDriverx64.sys            Mon Mar 28 14:59:14 2016 (56F97F02)
mbae64.sys                  Fri Apr 29 06:10:09 2016 (57233301)
nvvhci.sys                  Tue Dec 27 20:44:00 2016 (586318E0)
RTKVHD64.sys                Thu Jan  5 05:19:52 2017 (586E1DC8)
RtsBaStor.sys               Thu Jan 12 00:52:12 2017 (5877198C)
Rt64win7.sys                Thu Mar 23 07:02:28 2017 (58D3AB44)
farflt.sys                  Fri Mar 24 11:34:26 2017 (58D53C82)
nvpciflt.sys                Fri Mar 31 21:11:44 2017 (58DEFE50)
nvlddmkm.sys                Fri Mar 31 21:20:42 2017 (58DF006A)
nvvad64v.sys                Wed Apr  5 17:21:30 2017 (58E55FDA)
aswbuniva.sys               Thu Apr 20 05:18:35 2017 (58F87CEB)
aswbidsha.sys               Thu Apr 20 05:18:36 2017 (58F87CEC)
aswbidsdrivera.sys          Thu Apr 20 05:18:37 2017 (58F87CED)
aswbloga.sys                Thu Apr 20 05:18:38 2017 (58F87CEE)
aswKbd.sys                  Fri Apr 28 03:34:38 2017 (5902F08E)
aswRvrt.sys                 Fri Apr 28 03:34:40 2017 (5902F090)
aswSnx.sys                  Fri Apr 28 03:35:06 2017 (5902F0AA)
aswRdr2.sys                 Fri Apr 28 03:35:08 2017 (5902F0AC)
aswMonFlt.sys               Fri Apr 28 03:46:02 2017 (5902F33A)
aswVmm.sys                  Fri Apr 28 03:46:05 2017 (5902F33D)
aswSP.sys                   Fri Apr 28 03:46:31 2017 (5902F357)
aswStm.sys                  Fri May 12 10:52:16 2017 (5915CC20)
MBAMSwissArmy.sys           Thu May 18 14:34:35 2017 (591DE93B)
mbam.sys                    Fri May 19 12:02:10 2017 (591F1702)
mwac.sys                    Thu May 25 15:13:56 2017 (59272CF4)
MBAMChameleon.sys           Fri May 26 16:53:01 2017 (592895AD)
**************************Tue Jun 20 11:36:21.964 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Rt64win7.sys                Tue Aug 23 09:55:41 2011 (4E53B15D)
athrx.sys                   Tue Oct  4 02:49:29 2011 (4E8AAC79)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Feb 14 05:55:35 2012 (4F3A3DA7)
RtsBaStor.sys               Tue Jun  2 21:45:01 2015 (556E5C1D)
**************************Tue Jun 20 09:47:26.962 2017 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
IntcDAud.sys                Tue Dec  6 06:23:07 2011 (4EDDFB1B)
igdkmd64.sys                Tue Feb 14 13:47:30 2012 (4F3AAC42)
HECIx64.sys                 Mon Jul  2 18:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=kbfiltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rdpdispm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusVBus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusVTouch.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iusb3hub.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iusb3xhc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iusb3hcs.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ETD.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HWiNFO64A.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxUSBMon.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SCDEmu.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athrx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbae64.sys
nvvhci.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsBaStor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=farflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvpciflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
aswbuniva.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
aswbidsha.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
aswbidsdrivera.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
aswbloga.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswKbd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRvrt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSnx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRdr2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswMonFlt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswVmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswStm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwac.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMChameleon.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athrx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsBaStor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hello!

sorry for the late response, but only TODAY I could finally look at all the answers!

Have you checked for Windows Updates?  The report that tells me about your updates is missing, so I don't know how many Windows Update hotfixes you have - please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

FYI - there are many Windows Update failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report - please be sure to double check your Windows Updates.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version E16H2IMS.112) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

One of the memory dumps points to Avast.  This may/may not be significant - but it'll be prudent to test this.

Please uninstall Avast (and use Windows Defender) while we're troubleshooting.

Feel free to download and install a fresh, W8.1 compatible version AFTER we're finished troubleshooting.

My BIOS and EC Firmware are updated last version yes (I did it when I first started having problems with my wireless adapter).

Also as suggested before in this post, I uninstalled Avast and Qualcom stuff, WiFi was working fine after that. Sometimes it still crashes, but let's say it works 65% of the time now!

I'm going to follow the rest of the instructed procedure by the end of the week. This reply was more to tell you thank you!

#12 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Some routers are configured to disconnect after a certain time of inactivity.

You might check your router's configuration to see if that's the case.

Hey! It's unfortunately not the router :/

all other computers are working, phones too, just my laptop

#13 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Hello everyone!
Even after following the steps there, I was facing Wireless Network Adapter problems again with my W8 followed by some White Screens of Death, that I decided to redo it all over, so I reset my computer (again) and this time also upgraded to W10 (because on the MSI forum I was asking for help too, they recommended upgrading, it could help, so I decided to give it a try). Just to make sure no incompatibility problems were going to get me, I even performed that "Fresh Start" thing on W10 and installed all drivers manually.

The thing is: I'm still facing Wireless connection problems. Network Adapter fails, gets limited, freezes, USB ports stops working. And I run many diagnostics that could help you on helping me with my problem. I am at the moment running "Driver Verifier" they say it has to run for at least 24h, so tomorrow I'll post the results.
In THIS LINK you can see the reports:
Perfmon (sorry it's in Portuguese, I couldn't translate it back to English)
Help Desk report (which was a bit strange because I updated BIOS and EC Firmware like 3 weeks ago, I had for EC version 16H2EMS1 Ver5.06, 05/22/2014 and now it says NA and BIOS Version E16H2IMS.112 dating from May/2015 and today I went to divers page of GS60 2PC and it says BIOS version dates from January/2016 although is the exact same version number I have E16H2IMS.112. Sorry my lack of knowledge but if I reset the computer, does BIOS and EC reset as well?!
BSOD Sysnative Report
Event Viewer (Which I can already tell you that Event ID 10400 is related to my problem. At 6:47pm I turned my computer on without any Wireless Networks available. It happened also at 5:42pm that I spent the whole day at work with normal WiFi happening and then it got limited/USB ports stopped working)

My big question is: I really REALLY don't mind spending 20$ on a new Wireless Network Adapter, as long as it is really my problem. If I change the hardware, will I see myself with none of this issues?! Or you guys think won't make any difference, I'll change the thing and problems will persist, because it comes from the inside or it's software related

#14 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

Run the Driver Verifier for 24 hours and let us know what happens.

As you've updated to W10, please submit another set of the Sysnative reports.  This will let us compare the W7 system to the W10 system.

Edit:  Sorry, I saw the new reports link after typing this.

But, in short, if you reinstall a clean copy of an OS (or another OS) and the problem keeps happening - then it's most likely a hardware problem.

This does NOT mean it's the wireless card - and I'm very concerned that the USB problems may indicate a problem with the motherboard.

The Systeminfo report shows your BIOS/UEFI as vE16H2IMS.112, and the date is from 5/5/2015

Sometimes developers will make a minor revision to the drivers that may not show in the version number.

Do you still have the copy that you downloaded previously?  If so, you can compare it to a the download with the new date and see if there are any size differences.

If you don't have it, you can still install it and see if it helps (and if the date changes in the reports).

FWIW - BIOS/UEFI doesn't change/reset when you install/reset Windows.

I have no idea what the EC is.  I presume it's an Embedded Controller, but am uncertain what it does/applies to

Let us know the results of the Driver Verifier tests and we'll move on from there.

Are you able to connect the system to a wired network and see if that has problems also?

Edited by usasma, 29 June 2017 - 06:09 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#15 thatagz

thatagz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:55 AM

Driver Verifier is already running! Put it to run yesterday night!

But, in short, if you reinstall a clean copy of an OS (or another OS) and the problem keeps happening - then it's most likely a hardware problem.

This does NOT mean it's the wireless card - and I'm very concerned that the USB problems may indicate a problem with the motherboard.

About what you said, it makes sense...

The USB problem I think is somehow related yes, because what happens is the following: I'm using internet normally at some point pages won't load and I see the icon of the wireless with the limited sign. I click it, it shows the network I'm connected but ONLY the network I'm connected (normally there's like 20+ network options to connect but they all disappear). If I try to troubleshoot it resets the network adapter but nothing happens, if I restart the computer, wireless network adapter comes as disabled (which I guess was the further troubleshoot could get) and when I try to enable it freezes.

Now to the USB part: I use an USB wired mouse, and it keeps working all the time, but if I try to connect an USB Drive to send documents to someone else (considering I don't have internet), it's just not recognized. It feels very weird.

HERE YOU CAN SEE AN IMAGE OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET LIMITED INTERNET

The Systeminfo report shows your BIOS/UEFI as vE16H2IMS.112, and the date is from 5/5/2015

Sometimes developers will make a minor revision to the drivers that may not show in the version number.

Do you still have the copy that you downloaded previously?  If so, you can compare it to a the download with the new date and see if there are any size differences.

If you don't have it, you can still install it and see if it helps (and if the date changes in the reports).

FWIW - BIOS/UEFI doesn't change/reset when you install/reset Windows.

I have no idea what the EC is.  I presume it's an Embedded Controller, but am uncertain what it does/applies to

I don't have the file of the BIOS anymore, it went away during my last computer resetting, but I will update BIOS this last version January 2016 I found on MSI website!

About the EC, honestly I have no clue what is that too hahaha I just saw people saying "Update BIOS and EC Firmware" and I found it on MSI website so I did.

Are you able to connect the system to a wired network and see if that has problems also?

Yes! I'm at the moment connected through Ethernet. When I stared facing these Wireless Network Adapter problems in May, sometimes Ethernet disappeared as well (from the network adapters list) and when I went to check on Device Manager it had a symbol of an arrow pointing down, then I just had to enable it again, no big deal, but this problems stopped happening :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users