Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes: same device under multiple win10 accounts possible?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nielsvanvelzen

nielsvanvelzen

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

For my parents, I built a new PC which I am currently installing/configuring. I don't have any Apple devices myself, but my parents do and I am a bit confused. The pc is running windows 10 x64 with two user accounts. The aim is to create a junction to store the device backup(s) (normally stored on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\) on a different harddrive.

Is it necessary that each user has its own backup folder? If so, would it cause issues if you sync the device with user1 logged in, and then open iTunes after logging of and logging in with user2?
Would it be possible to create a junction from C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ to for example d:\iTunes\backup and also create a junction from C:\users\user2\.. to the same folder (d:\iTunes\backup) so only a single iTunes backup archive is stored on the interal harddrive?

Advice / suggestions very much welcome :D

Edited by hamluis, 15 June 2017 - 11:35 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Browsing/Email/Internet Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users