Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 hard drive keeps filling up, funny things going on with folders

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Claude17

Claude17

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Right clicking on file folders under the Windows directory and choosing Properties, Temp, CbsTemp, tracing, and ToastData, , initially say over 20 GB big, openeing folder, says it is empty, right clicking and properties again, says folders are empty.

I tried renaming then replacing the folders then deleting the renamed original does not help.

I went to work with over 3 GB space left, came home and had less than 700MB.

Got on the intenet to look for solution, logged off, erased several hundred MB of files, then had less than 600 MB!

windirstat is no help in finding expanding file folders.

Thank you for any help you may provide!

Claude

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Personally, I suspect you have an infection of some kind.

I will move this query to the "Am I Infected?  What Should I Do?" forum so that the folks there can give it a look and assist you.  If I'm wrong it can be moved back here or wherever it is determined to be appropriate.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users