Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't adjust brightness

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neemo1

neemo1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Hey everyone!

I apologise if I'm posting on the wrong forum. I recently purchased a tablet/laptop - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S (SMW700NZKAXSA) which runs on Windows 10 and was manufacturer refurbished. However, when I got it and opened it up, the screen was really bright, assuming it's full brightness. I went to turn it down using the Fn+F keys to change brightness but they didn't do anything. So I went to the settings to adjust the brightness scroller thing but it didn't work as well. I've been searching and trying to fix it for the past few hours but no luck. Most I've searched involved drivers but updating them didn't work. Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?

Thanks! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

The Night Light feature is something like F.lux or SunsetScreen that allows users to dim their screen and make the display warmer over the time, automatically. It reduces the blue light of monitor and uses yellowish light to make the screen look warmer.

"Turn On Night Light in Windows 10"

https://www.dost-tech.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=909

Posted Image

#3 thomsonriver

thomsonriver

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:08 AM

You can see this useful article for answer https://fossbytes.com/how-to-fix-windows-10-brightness-control-not-working-issue/

#4 neemo1

neemo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

The Night Light feature is something like F.lux or SunsetScreen that allows users to dim their screen and make the display warmer over the time, automatically. It reduces the blue light of monitor and uses yellowish light to make the screen look warmer.

"Turn On Night Light in Windows 10"

https://www.dost-tech.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=909

Thanks but it doesn't really solve the issue of not adjusting the level of brightness :(

Thanks as well but sadly, I've already tried it and it didn't fix it.

#5 caccigirl

caccigirl

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue? I'm currently having the same problem, started out of nowhere, and have been unable to find a fix. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give / sharing what solution fixed it for you. Thank you in advance! 

#6 neemo1

neemo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue? I'm currently having the same problem, started out of nowhere, and have been unable to find a fix. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give / sharing what solution fixed it for you. Thank you in advance! 

Hey! Forgot I had this thread up.

IIRC, I took my laptop to a local tech repair shop and they said it was because the screen was replaced (laptop was refurbished) which apparently didn't match the type of screen the laptop needed. I ended up returning the laptop to the seller for being faulty or not as described (eBay purchase). We probably have the same problem but different causes so unfortunately I can't help you (especially as my solution was basically to get rid of the laptop lol) :c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users