Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kinzi

kinzi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:07 PM

So... my pc suddenly needed to "system repair" and then,i get into it,windows is deactivated,0 startup programs NVIDIA Geforce experience is uninstalled
cant install it,it logged out of steam,csgo wont start when i launch i dont even know how to google this...help>

CPU:Intel i3 4170
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 pro

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 15 June 2017 - 05:02 PM.
Moved from Win 8/8.1 to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

Since you have posted here regarding a dysfunctional computer I'm assuming that you have at least access to another.

I am going to request that you download and install RKill. 

RKill attempts to terminate known malware processes so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections.  RKill will not remove malware, the scans you run after setting up RKill will find and remove those infections.

These settings will remain until the computer is rebooted, for this reason you must run your security applications before the computer is rebooted.  

Please download RKill from the Bleeping Computer option and install it.

Attention:  While running RKill you may see a message stating that the program could not be run because it is a virus or is infected.  This is the malware trying to protect itself.  Two methods that you can try to get past this and allow RKill to run are:

1)  Rename Rkill so that it has a .com extension.

2)  Download a version that is already renamed as files that are commonly white-listed by malware. The main Rkill download page contains individual links to renamed versions.  

When RKill is run it will display a console screen similar to the one below:

RKill_zps2e34d4b8.png

When RKill has finished running a log will be displayed showing all of the processes that were terminated by RKill.

Copy and post the log in your topic.

If you turn off this computer you will need to run RKill again when I provide you with tools to download and run to clean the malware on this computer.

Once I've reviewed the logs I will post programs to clean the malware along with instructions for running these scans an posting their logs.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users