Hello folks, first of all sorry if i am posting in a wrong section (new here). Right, now about my problem. I have a Samsung NP300v5a (8GB RAM, i5-2450M CPU, nvidia GeForce GT520MX GPU, win7 home premium) laptop, which works great in most cases, well, it did, until recently.
Right now i am posting this topic via the laptop which has the problem. At this moment everything is working like it should, i can browse the internet, play games and do whatever people does with computers. Problem starts when the computer is turned off.
Let's say, my laptop is now off and i want to turn it on:
1. i push the power on button
2. power button led lights up;
front panel leds lights up (power, charge (charge led is on whenever the laptop is plugged in));
front panel led indicating HDD blinks randomly;
fan starts spinning;
HDD is spinning;
ODD makes noise (even more noise if cd is in it, like it is reading it);
screen is black (not showing anything, no samsung logo, nor windows logo, nor any sort of life whatsoever, that includes POST test, no beeps, nothing).
3. computer stays in this state for as long as i don't push down and hold the power button for a few seconds (last time i've waited ~1h and a half before switching it off).
4. after a lot of tries it finally decides that it's time to boot up, samsung logo shows up instantly after pushing the power button, then everything boots up like it should and everything works again, until the next power off (yeah, i am not turning it off now, don't want to be left without a laptop).
now, what did i try?:
1. I've tried unplugging it and taking out the battery, then plugging it back in < did not help
2. I've tried unplugging it and taking out the battery, holding down the power button for xx seconds (from 10sec to 2mins) then plugging it back in < did not help
3. disassembled it, tried to look for loose wires or anything that could be visually wrong (also cleaned the dust since i was at it). everything looked normal, no loose wires or connections, after assembly the problem was still present
4. tried to take out 1 stick of RAM and boot up, it did not, swapped with other RAM stick, no luck either
5. tried booting from windows dvd in the ODD, ODD makes sounds as if it was reading the dvd, but nothing happened
6. tried taking out the CMOS battery and replacing it. did not help either
7. replaced HDD, tried to boot from dvd, effect same as in 5th thing i've tried.
8. took out HDD, RAM and ODD, tried powering up. nothing.
9. sat there for half a day, pushing the power on button/holding the same button for a power down and repeating this step until it finally turned on. (right now the laptop is pretending that it works fine and doesn't have any problems, but i know, if i will shut it down, the same issue will be there).
i think that's all i've tried.. back in the day i've fixed alot of computers and usually had no problems at it, what boggles me now is that computer works fine if i manage to somehow boot it up. Please, help me with this headache, anyone?
P.S. Sorry if this post hard to understand, English is not my main language.
Edited by Luzgius, 14 June 2017 - 01:51 PM.