Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot connect to any secure site..error warnings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ptiinc

ptiinc

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi Guys1

Yeah, this is a new one to me, can't connect to any of my sites, such as my VA Heatlth, Gail, acebook Amazon etc etc..can't donload anything..uts really eird, and extremly fruststating!!

so being online is useless, i haven't downloaded anything, since thiis happened, started this past saturday..

i,m on a 10 yr old dell laptop, using the same internet connection.

I,m really lost here man' any hell ouls surely be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

Which browser(s) is this happening in? Note that BC is a secure site...https

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ptiinc

ptiinc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Hi, BC Advisor,

I tried for 3 days, using chrome, internet explorer and Firefox browsers,

But to no avail!..sometimes chrome would tell me to check my time clock, that it may be set to the wrong day or date..that was fine'

i,m on the same internet connection using an old laptop to respond to you..I even tried system  restore, but that did nothing..

i really don't know hat esle to do, but has to do w/ my hp laptop, cause this old onegets all my secure websites, no prob.

i ran maleware bytes which i bought , and my antivirus..free advast, 

any suggestions sure would help,

thanks,

bob

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

In an elevated (Run as Administrator) Command prompt type sfc /SCANNOW followed by Enter.

Verify that the date and time on the system are correct.

Edited by jwoods301, 17 June 2017 - 01:23 PM.

#5 ptiinc

ptiinc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

JWoods301...Hi, Thanks for responding.

I ran the Administrator Command prompt type sfc /SCANNOW, here what the  result was,

Windows resource protection did not find any integrity problems.

can you make another suggestion..?

Thanks,

Bob

#6 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:20 AM

I didn't see your response to Verify that the date and time on the system are correct.

What version of Windows are you using?

Edited by jwoods301, 18 June 2017 - 01:21 AM.

#7 ptiinc

ptiinc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

HI, my laptop came w/ win 7  then i upgraded to win 10 online, for free, without an issue. yes, the date and time are fine, I also have premium malwarebytes, that i scanned and found no issues.

also downloaded and scanned my pc w/ adwcleaner, junk-ware removal, rkill, tdsskiller, combofix..all came back saying no issues.

now here is a strange thing, for some odd reason, i can connect the firefox browser..a message comes up saying do i want to continue not knowing if my secure sites can be proven to have a legitimate certificates..i clicked continue, and i can now go to any secure site i want, so i went to BC and downloaded the above mentioned programs and ran them.

i still can't connect to anything secure on chrome or internet explorer..i use chrome almost exclusively...i just don't know where to go to from here..

Thanks for taking out your time to help, if you can suggest anything else..I,m ready willing and able!

#8 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Have you in the past, or do you have other problems with this computer?

Edited by jwoods301, 18 June 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,893 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

FROM THE WEB: (I know you have the correct time...but)

You need to sync the system clock with the servers. While installing WIndows 10 I had selected my time zone correctly, but even then Windows 10 messed up my system time. You need to click on the time>Date and Time Settings & under 'Set time automatically'(which is turned on by default),switch the toggle button off and on again(while you are connected to the internet). This should sync your system time properly(You might also want to double check your Time Zone settings). Then reboot the computer.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#10 ptiinc

ptiinc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

hi, just tried what you said, but no change' thanks..would be open to any other recommendations...

#11 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

You might consider doing a "refesh" with the Keep my files option.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4090-refresh-windows-10-a.html

Edited by jwoods301, 19 June 2017 - 11:00 AM.

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,893 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

While looking on the web I saw a few mentions of malware being involved such as messing with the group policies. I suggest

eliminating that possibility by starting a new topic in the malware removal forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users