Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi & PC Hunter 64

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Harry121

Harry121

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hi all great site and forum however over the last 3 days I have had several people come to me that I recommended this site to. They all are having problems with steam games after installing PCHunter64. So I search online and a lot of people are having similar issues with no clear fix.

I am being told that an error pops up saying game is blocked as of PCHunter64.sys running and no one can find where lol.

So me being curious and thinking I could fix it I installed PCHunter64 and now I am have this problem....

All I did was run the programme never changed or edit anything.

So my question is this, why is this in the download section to fix pc problems? I do understand that these programmes are not for beginners but seriously just running it is messing up so many peoples PC and no clear fix, all am read is "did you check your pc for viruses run this run that" yes I did and its still there.

I get it that it hooks itself and hides so it cant be terminated easy but there must be a way.

I am just thankful that I used a spare laptop that I dont use much so can continue to game on this PC.

Again great site and info except this one thing.

Thnx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

However yours is not really an introduction post so I am moving it to the 'Announcements, comments and suggestions' section.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

However yours is not really an introduction post so I am moving it to the 'Announcements, comments and suggestions' section.

Chris Cosgrove

Thnx Chris, will do my best to fit in here :)

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Does it show up in the list of installed programs? If it does, it may be possible to uninstall it like any other program. If it shows up

in the list but the uninstall doesn't work giving an error such as program needs to shut down first....then boot into safe mode and run the uninstaller.

Another good possibility is to use Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware  to uninstall.

Looking in search results for PCHunter I see page after page of users describing the same problems with this program that you do.

So, if none of the above works please let us know and I'm sure someone here will provide a solution.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:50 AM

Thank you for the input Advisor its appreciated but the programme shows no where and revo does not find it. I have been around the block a fair bit for need of better words and came across this type of thing rarely. The guys who I am trying to help get rid of this atm all seem to have the programme hooked in different places and is not just 1 simple fix as depends on what programmes people have running at the time they run PC Hunter 64. The only clear way to get rid of it is to fresh install windows and thats just ridiculous, sure it may be a help to some people but seriously the 3 guys I am help atm and myself and we have certifications in allsorts and been smashing windows since windows was a command line, not to say we know everything and may well be a simpler fix out there for this however its pretty much the most pc tech savey people I know and this happening to them.

PC Hunter 64 just seems malicious to me and why would anyone use it when their are so many good alternatives out there.

Anyway I got to work thnx guys, have a good day :)

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

Download this registry file and double-click on it.

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/reg/del-pchunter.reg

When Windows asks if you wish to merge the data, please allow it to do so. This should delete leftovers made by PCHunter in the windows registry that may be being detected by the games.

#7 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:24 PM

Hi 

#6 icon_share.pngGrinler thnx for the prompt reply and I will try this out later wehn am home and post back :)

#8 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

Hi sorry was busy earlier. So the PC that was infected by this I reinstalled windows on and has no programmes on it atm so not gonna be a good test to see if this works however I put it on my main PC as really thought this would be resolved. So on put it on the same thing happen and even thought I only ran the programme and never changed anything still teh same thing so I applied the fix above and nothing and now when I try do anything it pops up PC Hunter 64 driver error... and 2 of the guys who never reinstalled windows as a fix lolled. Sorry but have no time for this, if it was MWB or other trusted helper programme I would but seriously please stop promoting this. I wont go on with negatives about this am just accepting that some programme are not compatible and deffo not something that should be promoted on one of the most popular helpful sites on the net, I was an editor for a site like this Gizom Tech Support now called something else and I know how hard is to get a place going like this with so many people using it as the go to site when they have problems.

Will post again guys but about a different subject hehe. thnx for telh help.

oh the guy who wanted to knwo if this fix works try it out and see :)

Edited by Harry121, 16 June 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#9 Compsolve

Compsolve

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

G'day Everyone,

Have you been getting much negative feedback regarding PCHunter?

I downloaded the program a little earlier. I finally had to disable VoodooShield(understandable,) and add it as an exclusion in Kaspersky Total just to try to run the thing.

No matter what I did I could not get PCHunter x64 to run. There was a long hang before the context menu came up following a "Right Click." When the Admin Prompt came up the Company Name section was full of an Asian language which was unintelligible to me. The last Certificate I recall was WOSIGN or similar. After going through all that I could not get it to run at all. When I attempted to bring up Task Manager, at first it was just a tiny blank box. Eventually it came up with 2 entries; no Menus and no Tabs(still referring to Task Manager here.)

Eventually I tried to delete the folder. No success. I managed to delete the x32 version after adding myself to the Rights List as this was restricted to something along the lines of: "Only the Owner may perform these actions." I've never seen anything like that in 25 years of working with PCs. Finally I used the Kaspersky File Shredder to be rid of the remaining files. Just when I thought I was done, a Randomly Named Folder appeared in the originally unpacked PCHunter folder. I also had to assign myself the aforementioned permissions to be rid of that.

No Installer ever ran. The program didn't ever make itself visible despite half a dozen attempts at starting it.

I'm running Win 10 x64 ver., 1709 (16299.19) at the moment as I'm rebuilding following a severe infection, had to flatten the system.

There have been a few other slightly concerning things going on, but, they're off topic.

Maybe I need to get this machine checked.

I'd be interested in your thoughts. I still have the original *.zip file which contains the original download of PCHunter if anyone wants a look at it.

Cheers,

CS.

P.s. The Registry fix runs a treat!

#10 Harry121

Harry121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

Hi Compsolve thnx for the interest and yes PCHunter like many apps here caused and still cause so many problems and the reason is down to the fact that windows updates weekly and the apps are not and then they get abandoned but left here so people still download them and have probs and that gives a reason for people to post and try help out but why not just get rid of the outdated unsupported apps in first place :P

As for registry fix and fixers if they worked there would be comparisons of them all being done and testing to see which got best results and if you google around you will not see many and the ones you see the results are all around the same  and/or changed to make it look like they work. The fact is they dont for 95% of time and the 5% they do work is just from that one stray app that went registry munching after it was uninitialised. All they do is a disk cleanup of the registry and save you a few MB space, if you can post and say how they run a treat like real reasons other than deleting enteries i would be interested to hear your opinions on this.

again thnx for the reply, take care :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users