Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trooper Gaming PC video issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

So the owner brought this monstrosity for me: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119297

Screen is flickering when you power on, he said it's windows 10. You only get the flickering screen when the Display port cable is connected to the port on the PCI video card. I tried another monitor with HDMI and display port connection to the mobo's ports, no video. I am seeing that this is the mobo, any ideas please?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH-Z170-S/

Attached File  custom2.png   943.83KB   0 downloads

Edited by mystic12, 13 June 2017 - 04:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

All I have to say is when I get no video, no video, no video.  I think of a 1U with no video.  Yay a 1U with no video.  If you can get an different video card and try something maybe it is the video.

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Oh shucks, so sorry I had forgotten to report back here. Shortly after posting the Advanced options appeared so did a reset and that was it, thanks.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for telling us what solved it.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users