Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't log in to windows 10.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nicram

Nicram

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Hello.

Long story short.

I had a malwere. I tried to delete it according to this article:   https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-rambler.ru-browser-hijacker

1. I run  'RKILL'  - did not found anything.

2. I run Zemana AntiMalware  - it found 2 threads as I remember.

3. I run HitmanPro - it found lots of threads - deleted

and at the end I run AdwCleaner,  restarted my PC and...  

At first there was a long break (dark screen) between  Windows loading  and  ,log in' screen.

Then I have to write my user account ( normally I had to write ONLY password to log in)  and a password.

When I type password and press Enter:  the cursor jump up and the  'Username' box get activated.. and so on..

When I click on  shutdown symbol I see no option - only blank gray box.

After over dozen seconds (less than minute) of trying to log in  the computer resets it self by its own.  And again long brake between Windows loading and 'log in' screen.

Does these programmes deleted something important? I don't have problems with viruses, it was a exception case.

How can I repair this?  My examination session is coming and I need my computer so badly.

Regards

Marcin

btw. sorry for rotated pic, I took it vertically,  the uploader rotated it by 90deg.

Attached Files

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 13 June 2017 - 05:08 PM.
Moved from Win 10 to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

In this case, you should create a Windows 10 password reset disk on a USB flash drive that you can use to recover your local account’s Windows 10 password.

After you have a Password Reset Disk in Windows 10, follow the steps

Step 1. Select Reset password then select Next.
Step 2. Click on the dropdown menu and select on the device your password reset disk is located on. Click Next
Step 3. Type in a new password, type in the new password again and type in a password hint. Click Finish.
Now you can log into your account with the new password you just created.

Source http://howtoinstallwindows10.com/how-to-create-password-reset-disk-windows-10/

#3 Nicram

Nicram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:15 AM

Can I set a  Password Reset Dick from one PC to another? I did it that way and  the computer does not see anything on my USB.

Now I try do this that way

Lazesoft  aaaaand after making all steps from video IT does not work.

Edited by Nicram, 14 June 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

At 3:26 in the Video click on Administrator and select Unlock. This should enable the local hidden Administrator Account allowing you to log in.

http://www.lazesoft.com/how-to-recover-administrator-password.html

#5 Nicram

Nicram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

@JohnC_21

Does not work.  Still Can't log in. Still PC resets it self at the 'log in' screen. However, through Lasesoft I had an access to files on hard drive, I copied everything important and will try to install w10 again from USB.

@update   I restored w10 from backup  from few weeks ago,    and I logged in !!! succes

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the update. Backups are always good.  :)

#7 Nicram

Nicram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

But what was the problem?  What did the programmes cause?...  Hope we will know it some day!

After I restored w10 from backup  my 'log in' screen was normal - I had to only write password,  the username was already there.

Peace!

@update

Now I cannot Shut down my PC.    After I select 'shut down' (form desktop)   I got log out.   After I select shut down from 'log in' screen,  the screen turn black - an information apperas :  'NO VIDEO OUTPUT' then  'ENTERING SEEPING MODE'. After I move my mouse/press key,  screen got active and see 'log in' screen.  And over and over.

1st restart was  configuring some updates. -> turning on  -> configuring some updates.  Then shutted down normallyy.. ufff

Edited by Nicram, 14 June 2017 - 05:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users