Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with laptop battery!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sjutel

sjutel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hello! I'm new member to this community, so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section!

Anyways. Yesterday, I started to have a problem with the battery of my Asus N Series laptop. The charger wire is plugged in and it is showing ''93% available (plugged in, charging)", but for some reason, it got stuck at 93%. When I unplugg the charger from my laptop, it automaticly shuts down, even if the battery has 93% and then I can't turn on the laptop without the charger. I heard that, removing battery and uninstalling the battery driver can help, but I don't know, how to take out the battery of my laptop, because it's quite complex. Maybe is there any other way how to fix that without taking the battery? It's first time, that I use laptop, so I'm not experienced with these issues, so if anyone of you had the similar thing, then I hope you can help me with some advices. Thanks in advance!  :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english!

Also the laptop is only 6 months old and I did not expect these problems to have that soon.. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:19 AM

Also the laptop is only 6 months old and I did not expect these problems to have that soon.. 

is it still under warranty?

#3 sjutel

sjutel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

is it still under warranty?

Yes.

#4 Tech-Junky

Tech-Junky

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

sjutel is right here. This sounds like a defective battery. Contact your warranty provider. Either the retailer you purchased from or Asus directly. 

#5 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Download and run the free (for personal use) BatteryMon from PassMark...

https://www.passmark.com/products/batmon.htm

It will tell you if the battery is going bad.

Edited by jwoods301, 13 June 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#6 sjutel

sjutel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

Everything seem to be looking fine for some reason, the graph and all other stuff, but in the second screenshot, the manufulction is black, not like other green, do you know why?

http://i.imgur.com/MBXGgk2.png

http://i.imgur.com/M9lTYt1.png

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

I am not familiar with BatteryMon, but go with the advice given by Tech-junky.

It's still under warranty, don't try messing about with it yourself - this might void your warranty. Take it back to your supplier and see what they have to say. There have been instances reported on BC of batteries appearing to fully, or very nearly fully, charged which have in fact failed.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 sjutel

sjutel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

I am not familiar with BatteryMon, but go with the advice given by Tech-junky.

It's still under warranty, don't try messing about with it yourself - this might void your warranty. Take it back to your supplier and see what they have to say. There have been instances reported on BC of batteries appearing to fully, or very nearly fully, charged which have in fact failed.

Chris Cosgrove

I will follow this advice. Thank you everyone!

But there is anothing thing.. something is wrong my laptop's clock aswell. Everytime, when I turn on the laptop, the time is wrong, even though in the options internet time is set to ''time.windows.com'' and the timezone is correct. 

#9 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:16 AM

Likely the CMOS battery...

#10 thomsonriver

thomsonriver

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

You can find useful answers from this article. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/fix-laptop-battery-life-issues-3512126/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users