Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download speed going down after some time (2 - 10 min).

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kreny

Kreny

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:35 AM

Hello,

As the title states, my download speed goes down a few minutes after I open / restart the pc. From ~200 - 500 mbps when I open the pc to ~2 - 3 mbps after some time. Upload speed remains the same ~200+ mbps.

My PC runs windows 10, router Huawei HG8247H, wired, internet connection should be 500 mbps (fiber). Speed was tested on different sites, but mostly on speedtest. Avira as anitivirus. (not sure what other information should I provide).

My question is what should I check too see what is limiting my internet connection. Restarting the router doesn't change anything, only when restarting the PC the speed goes back to where it should normally be but after some time, (it depends a few minutes to 10 minutes) it drops to ~2 - 3 mbps.

Best regards,

Alin.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

What are you downloading at 500mbps or trying to download when the speed drops? Are there any other devices connected to the router at the time of testing?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users