Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan spinning for 2sec and stops

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srchamara89

srchamara89

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

Hi ,
My laptop (Dell inspiron N5010) had this issue .The cooling fan is just spinning for 2 sec and stopping.Laptop booting as normal and overheating .

*So I have tried to check the motherboard by removing RAMS and beeps coming.Fan also working perfectly.
* Tried different slots and different RAMS and then same thing happen .Fan stopped working after 2 sec .
* Tried removing hard drive and , again fan working perfectly.

I can't understand the problem..Please help me ☹️

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Ram has nothing to do with it. Blow out the vents with some compressed air.

Worse case it needs serviced. Due to extreme dust buildup, fan failing, thermal compound dried out on the cpu and gpu and the heat exchanger is not working properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users