Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

System Service Exception Blue Screen Crashes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ninjames

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Previously, I was getting Blue Screen errors that led me to believe there was a weird driver issue with my Snowball USB microphone. I replaced the drivers for that and that blue screen issue went away. The RAM and HDD have been recently replaced as the others seem to have been damaged in shipping/died. The computer seems to run great and did so for a few days, and then a new blue screen error started. This one says "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and nothing else, and happens more than once. I'm going to run some hard drive tests on my SSD in the meantime but here is all the data asked for. This computer has been a huge headache since shipping and it seems like one problem after another.

Windows 10 64-bit

Upgraded from Windows 7 using the free upgrade

Unsure on age of the OS installation
Hardware is various ages. It has new RAM, a new HDD, and a GPU that's about a year old. CPU, cooler, motherboard, SSD and PSU are around 4 years old

The CPU is the AMD FX-8350

GPU is MSI GeForce 970

Asus - M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Corsair - CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

It is a desktop PC.

Attached File  perfmon.zip   3.34MB   2 downloads

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.55MB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:29 AM

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

If using a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner), please stop while we're troubleshooting.

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 2103) dates from 2013.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Only 10 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 14393 (1607) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

Lot's of issues with the Windows Live ID service.  Please uninstall Windows Live and see if that helps.

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. (The kerneldumplist.txt report shows none - so don't be surprised if there aren't any there).
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. (The kerneldumplist.txt report shows none - so don't be surprised if there aren't any there).

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

Then, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Once you've collected and uploaded 2 or 3 of the memory dumps from Driver Verifier, then run these free hardware diagnostics while waiting for a reply:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

I suspect that there cold be a hardware issue from the BSOD info in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Ninjames

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

Alright -- so I wasn't aware about the cleanup utilities and I did run CCleaner. I also found that I had a big Windows Update to do, and a GPU driver update. I did all those updates, and turned on the paging file and set the dump settings to produce a kernel dump upon the next crash. Maybe the general maintenance I did will work out, but if not, I'll be ready with logs and what not for the next crash. I'm going to not have driver verifier going for the first crash, and if I get one, I'll turn on driver verifier. I also ordered a flash drive so I could update the bios. Oh, and I uninstalled Windows Live. I forgot my fiancee installed movie maker for a school project before I mailed the computer to my brother.

(This is actually my brother's PC that I'm troubleshooting from across the country using TeamViewer, for the record).

I'll let you know if the crashes continue or if I go a few days with nothing of note. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users