Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Image folder disappeared from my SD Card mysteriously.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smarthero38

Smarthero38

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

I made a new image folder in my Sandisk 64GB SD Card and moved some of my new pics in it. For the time being it was there but soon after a minute or two when I went back to check the folder in the file manager, It was mysteriously lost.

After that I even faced problem in saving the images to the SD Card from any Camera App. I don't know where the problem is but as far as I can connect I think that two days back I put someone else's SD Card through OTG in my Samsung J7 Prime in which my Sandisk SD Card was inserted. I was transferring some MP4 files but it was interrupted in between and now I found that I'm not even able to delete those files and moreover I'm not able to delete anything from my SD Card and not even able to create a New Folder and even if it gets deleted it reappear in the very next moment.

While creating a New Folder I'm getting an Error 0x800701E3.

Edited by Platypus, 12 June 2017 - 12:03 PM.
Moved from Logs forum, no logs posted & may not be malware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

If you don't require any data on the card then consider reformatting the card.

http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/skp/faq/1108638

#3 Smarthero38

Smarthero38
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:42 AM

If you don't require any data on the card then consider reformatting the card.

http://www.samsung.com/ae/support/skp/faq/1108638

I do require my data stored in that SD Card and its about 50gigs.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:08 AM

You can scan the SD card with PhotoRec. The downside is all files recovered have generic names. If you want to recover files with known names then a paid software Easeus Data Recovery can scan the card and recover the directory structure. You need to pay for anything past 2GB.

PhotoRec Step by Step. Part of Testdisk. Do not download the 64bit version even if you have a 64bit processor. All files recovered will be in the folder you unzipped PhotoRec to. You will need at least 50GBs of free space on the recovery drive and all files are recovered in real time unlike Easeus where the scan completes and the files that can be recovered are listed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5LU_hSL3C4

Note: I would not select None as shown in the Video. The program will give you the suggestion. It will probably be intel. 

Error 0x800701E3 could indicate a damaged card or file system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users