Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brand New HP All in One that perpetually hangs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CBiggs23

CBiggs23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

I bought a brand new HP all in one (model: 24-g214) less than a month ago.  Since day one, it's had a constant hang.  It doesn't matter what program I'm using, it doesn't discriminate.  But it is a constant battle, as in every 2 or 3 minutes.  Usually, I can CNTRL+ALT+Delete to pull up task manager and that will snap it out of its trance, but occasionally, it freezes hard and I have to do a full shut down.  

Can anyone help me figure out why a brand new computer would be doing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Seriously, if this was happening since you purchased it I would return the HP to place of purchase or if they do not give you a new computer contact HP support as the computer is still under warranty. I would pressure HP to replace the computer. This problem could be software or hardware. Hardware could be anything.

On a HP you can tap Esc and boot and get a menu with the option to do a full Diagnostic. I would start there.

#3 CBiggs23

CBiggs23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:07 AM

Seriously, if this was happening since you purchased it I would return the HP to place of purchase or if they do not give you a new computer contact HP support as the computer is still under warranty. I would pressure HP to replace the computer. This problem could be software or hardware. Hardware could be anything.

On a HP you can tap Esc and boot and get a menu with the option to do a full Diagnostic. I would start there.

I did this and I also messaged with hp warranty support but they said that the system scan is fine.  They don't care about anything else.  

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

I will PM a member who has more experience than me regarding these issues.

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Hello,

I agree with John that you should really, really pressure HP into giving you a replacement laptop.

Anyway, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. Please DO NOT create a new topic — just upload the files to this one.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

Caution! Please read for more information.
Please only use the ZIP compression format — do not use 7z, RAR, etc.!!!

Useful information!
Even if you're not experiencing BSODs, please follow the instructions still as the uploaded reports are still incredibly useful.

Edited by bwv848, 16 June 2017 - 10:34 AM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

After following the above, please publish a snapshot with Speccy:

:step1: Speccy by Piriform

• Download and save Speccy from here.
  • Navigate to the directory in which you saved the ZIP file.
  • Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
  • Open up the extracted folder, right-click on Speccy64.exe (or Speccy.exe, if your system is 32-bit), and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
  • After waiting a while, click File, then Publish Snapshot.
  • Hit Yes to the Publish Snapshot dialog, then click Copy to Clipboard. Paste the URL in your next reply.

Also, ensure your PC isn't overheating with HWMonitor:

:step2: HWMonitor by CPUID

• Download and save CPUID from here.
  • Navigate to the directory in which you saved the ZIP file.
  • Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file, click Extract all, taking note of where the files will be extracted, and then hit Extract.
  • Open up the extracted folder, right-click on HWMonitor_x64.exe (or HWMonitor_x32.exe, if your system is 32-bit) and select Run as administrator. Please accept any User Account Control prompts.
  • Take a screenshot of the window that appears and attach it in your next reply. Try to take the screenshot when your PC is under more load than usual (like streaming videos or playing games)

And BTW, where did you buy the PC from (e.g. Staples, Walmart, Target, etc.).

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users