Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop display freeze error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ninta

ninta

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

I have a Toshiba satelite laptop,Few days ago while working the display turns white and the desktop become foggy, I moved the mouse but the display doesn't show any cursor change. Then I switch off and removed the battery. the display showing taskbar and other desktop icons in a light color even after removing the battery.I connect with an external monitor it worked well.I removed the laptop display completely still it shows the last task bar and desktop icons in a light shade.Hope you guys understand my problem.Is there any way to recover my laptop display?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

Press the windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png  and the X key to open the Windows Mobility Center menu.  When the menu opens select Task Manager.

When the Task Manager opens go down to Display adapters and double click on it.

See if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons.

If there are double click/tap on the display adapter in fault, click/tap on the Driver tab and uninstall the driver.

When you restart the computer a new driver will be installed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users