Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAM or PSU? I am clueless.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DelanoRL

DelanoRL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Hi all! Just made an account to ask this, and will be specific as much as possible, also don't blame me for any spelling mistakes. English is not my native language.

So here is what happened. On friday I went to go out and wouldnt stay at home for a weekend, I came back on monday and I fired up my PC. Everything seems to be normal, untill my PC froze out of nothing. I tried rebooting it but it wouldnt boot up with usb devices in it. Without it I could not boot because of hitting the button needed to set time after resetting it.

I havent touched it for a while now, so today I would give it another try and bought a brand new 990FX extreme3 motherboard for my AMD FX-8320. Turns out it doesnt show any signal but it lights all the led fans and cpu fan, also my GPU fans were spinning, yet no signal.

Me thinking of having a faulty motherboard before, I used the replaced board with the not working usb ports, thats the m5a78LM asus motherboard. And yet I have the same problem of no signal with the GPU and the onboard VGA.

Without thinking I bought another FX processor from a friend who showed me the processor running. Same problem on both motherboards.

The RAM sticks have around a week runtime in the old motherboard. Those are Crucial Ballistix Sport. 

My old psu got replaced by a pc store which gave me the coolermaster 500w igreenpower psu, it was running well before it happened.

I have the ASUS R7 360 2GB OC.

After buying a new mobo and cpu I am assuming it could only be my ram and psu, but yet again the ram has a week of runtime, and got the cpu of a pc support store.

What do you guys think happened here and what could be the problem? 

I am clueless.

Delano

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

I used to build my own computers up from parts and I used to buy parts retail but sometimes open box was only available.  I trusted the opened packages as functional and wondered why things just did not work.  Come to find out that open box part was not functional.  So exchanging the open box part was annoying because it was already opened so they assumed it was installed.  I think they don't like doing RMAs at that business.

just a story of mine to help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users