Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse wire soldering

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hellhound

hellhound

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hello,I recently took a cable from another mouse to put on a non working mouse but they have different wire colors and I got confused.Hope you guys can help me out.
As you can see ,I already soldered the green to green and red to red,as I thought they both corespond to 5V,and data - but on the mouse I have another white,black and black but the cable has another black ,blue and ground I think(no color).

The second image wn't load so here s a link to it:

http://imgur.com/a/QJHrQ

Attached Files

Edited by hellhound, 10 June 2017 - 02:31 PM.

What is the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?

Snowballs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

If this is a PS/2 mouse, use a multimeter and compare the two PS/2 connectors. Which wire goes to which pin on cable "A" will tell you which wire goes to which wire on cable "B".  It's a semi-circle, and they might even be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... example 7 o'clock is "1", 9 o'clock is "2" etc...  Use the pins on the connectors as a common point of reference for both cables.

#3 hellhound

hellhound
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

If this is a PS/2 mouse, use a multimeter and compare the two PS/2 connectors. Which wire goes to which pin on cable "A" will tell you which wire goes to which wire on cable "B".  It's a semi-circle, and they might even be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... example 7 o'clock is "1", 9 o'clock is "2" etc...  Use the pins on the connectors as a common point of reference for both cables.

Thanks!
White was the ground,blue was data + and the other black the shield.
Have a good day!

What is the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?

Snowballs.

#4 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:09 PM

Thanks!
White was the ground,blue was data + and the other black the shield.
Have a good day!

Glad you got it fixed.  I hate soldering for this reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users