Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Firefox's Inspect Element looked at.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 k33p3r9

k33p3r9

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

After catching a China Virus while sourcing LED strips by way of opening a pdf.(my fault,I know). Could not shake it. So I formated my SSD and installed Win10Pro fresh. Before I did one update from Microsoft I installed Malwaerbytes, SAS, and Hacker Deterrent which is the first screenshot. It's like PC Matic but gives you info on connection real time. Can someone please take a look at the 2ed screenshot, ( Firefox Inspect Element of Firefox default page) me your expert analysis of the 2 screenshot. Both screenshots were taking at the same time. I will allow remote access cause going to format and install retail copy of Win10Pro.
https://goo.gl/photos/9sRQXsgDmWp2Z5p67
https://goo.gl/photos/1ZGaKezZNueT1JLH9

Edited by k33p3r9, 09 June 2017 - 11:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:46 AM

I can find little info for Hacker Deterrent. If it eventually gets the same reputation as PC Matic....I suggest you stop using it.

My thoughts are whenever a product claims to be some super duper thing that out performs a competitor and advertises heavily on TV

and the Web....it causes me to be very skeptical and seek more info about the product.

If those screen shots are of HD's findings....then I see it just giving you information without any comment as to actions needed. I don't see

anything unusual at all in its report/ findings. Totally useless for the average computer user.

SAS has for some time now lost the favor of security pros.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 k33p3r9

k33p3r9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

Thank you for your time to reply. Just gun shy after infection. You have to understand my scepticism onon all this. I did not turn on my computer until tonight after a reply was posted here to see what my options are, limited by the looks of it. I took a look at Chrome and it looks, I say looks more f'ed up then FF. I always look every now and then throughout the day at the inspector in all web browser I use. Can't remember it looking that complicated. Especially when Google's main portal is supposed to be the simplest and cleanest. I see "Starting injection script" ??? For a simple page. I also see popups in the element. Here Chrome's IElement link if you're interested:
https://goo.gl/photos/UW4LtriypLNXjwAD8

But I'am going to do this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh

If I don't feel 100% about it after that I am s#@% canning the SSD and start new from there with retail copy of Win10Pro

#4 k33p3r9

k33p3r9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

After installation of Win10Pro, and applying MWB, what other programs will help monitor and track the system? My other PC is NOW on Ubuntu...I have to keep Windows for support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users