Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tabtip.exe Win 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gyrene

gyrene

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

Mouse pointer is freezing up using Google or Firefox browser and at other times.  I suspect tabtip.exe is the issue.  I hate this touch screen thingy, don't want it.  Only way I can sometimes free up the mouse pointer is to tap the screen a few times...which invariably messes up whatever I was doing...but then the pointer comes active again until a couple minutes later when it freezes.  I can't stop the process using Task Manager, so what the heck do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

A couple of things...

1. A workaround is under Ease of Access, open the On Screen Keyboard and minimize it.

2. Stop and/or disable the Tablet PC Input service.

#3 gyrene

gyrene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

jwoods301

I don't have a clue to what you are talking about.  This is a desktop unit, I don't know what Ease of Access is or how to open an onscreen keyboard.  Sorry.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

jwoods301

I don't have a clue to what you are talking about.  This is a desktop unit, I don't know what Ease of Access is or how to open an onscreen keyboard.  Sorry.

Click on the Start button, and in the Search box, type Ease.

That will show Ease of Access Center as the first result. Click on that.

There will be 4 choices under Quick access to common tools. Start On-Screen Keyboard is one of the choices. Click on that.

For # 2 above...

Click on the Start button, and in the Search box, type services.

That will show services with a "gear" icon as one of the results. Click on that.

Scroll down until you find Tablet PC Input Service.

Right-click and select Stop.

To Disable the service, double click on the entry.

In the Startup type drop down, select Disabled and click OK.

Edited by jwoods301, 09 June 2017 - 08:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users