Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen flicker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

hi,i have been having this problem with screen flicker it is now in my email box,then some times it is on other screens.

i also had a popup that said something about china but it left screen so fast i did not get a good look at it.

on firefox you can click on a new page and that will take you a page with alot of boxes on it showing where you have been  and that page will flicker real bad i also get flickering on my home page.

Edited by hamluis, 09 June 2017 - 06:52 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

here is something i ran across that for me looks like the problem i am having with my home page.

We will consider that an attacker releases a Trojan in the wild in order to gain control over several computers. This Trojan’s payload contains in dropping a Backdoor (to open a port), changing the homepage of the browser and placing a “malicious” cookie in the browser’s cookie area. When the unsuspecting user launches the browser, then it automatically connects to the new homepage (namely the attacker’s website). Once this is done, the malicious cookie is being read and the attacker becomes aware of the fact that the computer is infected. By knowing this, it becomes a piece of cake to take over the computer using some exploits or the open port. 
Let’s say that the user becomes aware of the infection and manages to remove the Trojan and the Backdoor from the computer. However, if the cookie remains on the computer, it can supply information again to the attacker if the user “manages” to access the untrusted web page again. The computer is therefore exposed once again to a possible attack.
As explained in the above scenario, the cookie is used to provide information about a computer but it is not responsible with the attack itself. But how do i go about removing it and where search for removal tool to do it,thank's

#3 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

That is from Bitdefender's page "Cookie Threats"...item 3.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-are-Cookie-threats-1.html

Edited by jwoods301, 10 June 2017 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users