Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen computer beeping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chellethsouthrnbelle

chellethsouthrnbelle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Have a dell inspiron 15 3000 series touch screen 8.1 system...bought it used back in october from a friend who "claimed" he rarely used it..I use it every day for several hours a day...after having it several month I started having ghost touches on the screen...especially if it had a black background...start up page would have it opening all kinds of programs...Just about a month ago, it would not boot up..gave me an error for the system...one of them was harddrive might need to be reseated...I opened it up took out the harddrive and plugged it back in...no more issues other than the ghost touches...I use it outside to play music and last wk I had ants crawling out from under the keys...just in the last few days I've added hundreds of pictures off an old laptop and downloaded and then uninstalled reimage repair...so this morning I take it outside to play music ...working fine...but a few minutes later I go back to it and the screen is black and it's beeping...4 beeps... beep, beep, beep, beep PAUSE and then it repeats it...googled problem and no dell bios codes for 4 beeps that I could find...btw...I don't know a lot about computers...but enough to google, follow directions and repair small issues... I'm pretty sure this has 4 GB ram...and I had only used less than half before I downloaded those pics..just covering bases and supplying all pertinent info I can think of. When I turn it on the power light comes on and then shortly fades to dark...tried F2 on boot up and F12 from following suggestion on google search with someone having a similar issue...took battery out and put it back in...took out hard drive and reseated it...same same...won't boot..a.power light goes out and then in about 1-2 minutes the beeping starts...hold down power button and it will turn off and stop.

Edited by chellethsouthrnbelle, 09 June 2017 - 03:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

Start with these free bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Choose the MemTest86 (NOT the MemTest86+) as it will boot from UEFI

Can you hook the hard drive to another computer and test it there? (it's likely you won't be able to run those diags on a UEFI system).

While the hard drive is hooked to another system, now would be a good time to backup your data.

The next step (after the diags) is usually to try a repair of Windows, then try reinstalling Windows

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users