Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Touchscreen Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 radiohost31

radiohost31

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hello,

I have a dual monitor setup with 2 HP Compaq L2105tm touchscreens running on an HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR. W/Windows 7 Pro 64bit...The touchscreens work via a USB connection. All was working fine until recently when I unplugged the usb from the back of the monitors to clean them. Once I plugged them back in they would no longer function properly. Sometimes I can get one of them to work but only for a short time and if i leave them both plugged in the cursor will randomly start to move and click without any touch on the monitors happening. The driver is just a simple USB Optical TouchScreen Device. I have tried anything I can think of to get them to work again. Right down to using a different machine where they function just fine. So I feel like it's a driver issue. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the driver many times along with disabled then enabled them but nothing seems to work. I'm pulling my hair out and just don't know where to go next with it.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 09 June 2017 - 05:17 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'External hardware'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fraserspur

fraserspur

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 10 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

Have you tried uninstalling the device driver from Device Manager and selecting the 'Delete the driver software for this device' then restarting the computer before trying another install? 

Sometimes it helps.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Have you tried uninstalling the device driver from Device Manager and selecting the 'Delete the driver software for this device' then restarting the computer before trying another install? 

Sometimes it helps.

If you disable the driver through the Device Manager and restart the computer Windows will find and install another driver.  If you have a driver which you can find at the product's website you can download it and then use the Device Manager under the Driver tab to use the Update  Driver.  This will give you the options to find another driver on your computer or go online to see if it can be found there.  Use the option to use a driver on this computer, you have the new driver already downloaded.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users